Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I want to build a 4-way sli/crossfire system. I really liked this case and fell in love with it.

Please tell me if this case supports 4-Way Crossfire / SLI. Any build images if you already have a 4-way SLI/Crossfire setup on Corsair Carbide 500R is much appreciated.! Thanks!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you JKin!

I have been searching for 4-way crossfire/sli builds on 500R but couldn't find one so far
frown.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't build the system yet. I have H 100 or H100i in mind for CPU cooling, I think that should be good enough right ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk123 View Post

Thank you JKin!

I have been searching for 4-way crossfire/sli builds on 500R but couldn't find one so far
frown.gif
No problem, as I said before, youll love it
smile.gif
Best of luck with the build mate!
Edit: I also have H100i, it keeps amazing temps at a 4.5+ Ghz overclock!

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
You can't run 4 GPU's on air and the bottom card in blocked by the PSU The GPU's want to be on water.

What board are you using?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

You can't run 4 GPU's on air and the bottom card in blocked by the PSU The GPU's want to be on water.
Thats not entirely true. It would really come down to which cards the OP was using.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I am confused. So many motherboards. I see latest motherboards showing up in newegg but they are not available as soon as they are released, in India.

But I have some considerations:

ATX form factor
32 or 64 gb RAM support
wifi-bluetooth built in
4-way sli/crossfire support
2011 lga pin (for 3930k or 3970x)

I have to do a lot of research
sad-smiley-002.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk123 View Post

Actually, I am confused. So many motherboards. I see latest motherboards showing up in newegg but they are not available as soon as they are released, in India.

But I have some considerations:

ATX form factor
32 or 64 gb RAM support
wifi-bluetooth built in
4-way sli/crossfire support
2011 lga pin (for 3930k or 3970x)

I have to do a lot of research
sad-smiley-002.gif
Are you trying to do some super extreme build? Lol those are some crazy specs

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Why are you going for quad sli? dual sli is the best imo.. After it the performance differences become very minimal. If you want, I'll link some threads about the lack of performance after dual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes JKin,
smile.gif
You can call it an 'extreme' build
thumb.gif

@JameyScott If you can give me the link, that would be great. I am open to all kinds of suggestions right now. I thought Quad SLI/Crossfire would be cool
smile.gif
That's why I thought so. If you can point me to the right info why Quad SLI performance boost is not much, then I will definitely keep that in mind before making my final move!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_670_2_and_3way_sli_review,15.html Read through this article, it should help you out a lot.

This article really highlights how you get a huge performance increase in dual, but the only noticeable difference in tri (and obviously quad) the only benefit is at a very high resolution. You can notice you don't get twice the performance of one card with dual, and how that it only gets a mild performance boost with triple, just think how little quad is.

The only reason I could see anyone running it to promote how big their wallet is, or are using it purely for benchmarking. (There are other uses, but I don't think that's what you are going for.)

I would honestly just get two of the best graphics card you can. Dual Titans or Dual 780s should be more than enough for anything you want to do.

My dual 770s run any game I throw at it with a 144hz 1080P monitor, 60Hz 1080P monitor, and a 1366x768 monitor hooked up to it. While I only use one for gaming, I still have all three screens running. I maintain around 120-140fps with the occasional dip to 95-100 on BF3.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Don't forget to rep those who helped! Especially if they are saving you 2k+
wink.gif

I had the same problem. I really wanted to get the 780s, but I couldn't justify the 200+ bucks for 10-15% performance. I'm glad I went with the 770s, they are basically overclocked 680s. They do quite well, in my opinion. They 780s are basically underclocked Titans, for 350-400 bucks less. (Not really underclocked they have less cuda cores, ram, etc)

Edit: Misinformation because of horribly laid out laptop keyboard

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree with Jamey. Of course 4 way SLI would be so sweet but it is a little pointless for practical use. It would be sweet however if you were doing like a Mod of the Month type build or show build. For at home use, you can get "Extreme" for much less
smile.gif

1 - 17 of 17 Posts