Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if a q6600 at vcore of 3.5 and speed of 3.2ghz with a zerotherm nv120 premium and runs at 55 degrees, what will the temp be on prime95 small FTT strain. does folding but a lot of strain?

thanks..

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lots of people run quads at even 1.4Vcore, whats wrong with 1.3-1.35v as long as the temps are fine, is the question here. what are all ur volts then, tons of people run quads at 1.35-1.4v easy of socket 775 and [email protected]

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i see the mistake, i put 3.5v lol. sorry.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats good to hear. my cpu needs a lot of volts even just to make it stable at stock speeds lol. thats why my temps are high at the moment. ive just orded a NV120 Premium to deal with the overclock/volt.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Q6600 are safe upto 1.55vcore and temps 71c. High temps aren't as dangerous as the voltage running through the chip so keep that in mind. For example, it would be better for the chip giving it 1.4v and getting 75c under 100% load compared to giving it 1.6vcore and keeping it below 70 with watercooling.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will keep that in mind. thankyou

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
It honestly doesn't put that much strain on my quad. Ill have VMWare+Linux smp running and my gpu client running and i only reach about 80% load.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
others say they get full strain and you dont, interesting, a little strange lol. i guess thats good for you

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW
View Post

others say they get full strain and you dont, interesting, a little strange lol. i guess thats good for you

IIRC you can set the CPU usage in the windows SMP version. Also, some of the linux version people have set the usage to below 100% to allow for GPU clients.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i did not know that, that explains a lot, thanks bro!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts