Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
since 920 runs inthe x58 chip set, thier are no bottle necking for the GTX 580 SLI. i think you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaldy;13005970
I want to know if my GTX 580 SLI is to much GPU for my i7 920 CPU.
can my two GTX 580 SLI can keep up with my i7 920 CPU,

With a better CPU, can i get more point in 3dmark vantage in the GPU SCORE..
edited for my eyes. or at least tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaldy;13006056
to bottle necking my GTX 580 SLI ,what CPU should i get??
confused.gif

Bottleneck=BAD

your 920 should be fine. your not going to bottleneck 580's. if your concerned and really want to swap it, drop in a 980x. IMHO, not necessary.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
At this point, your CPU won't bottleneck.... but your monitor might depending on game and settings..

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4i7;13006129
edited for my eyes. or at least tired.
At least be a good grammar police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renaldy;13006172
what you mean??
The CPU in your signature.

This thread: ‎(ノ 。・д・)ノ

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4i7;13006129
edited for my eyes. or at least tired.

confused.gif

Bottleneck=BAD

your 920 should be fine. your not going to bottleneck 580's. if your concerned and really want to swap it, drop in a 980x. IMHO, not necessary.
*tried?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
very true. didnt notice that as I was trying to figure out how to do a line through the words, and couldnt figure it out.

that and my fingers were tired, when i tried to finish that off last night.
biggrin.gif
thats my excuse and im sticking to it

This thread is starting to sink, and Im thinking about jumping ship. He doesnt even notice that he posted in his sig the specs of his rig, and that his 4.4ghz 920 is more then capable of doing the job. hopefully it will start to make sense as this is read.

\/ look, system specs. we can see that you have your 920 at 4.4ghz. if your looking for higher benching numbers, then thats a whole other story. in that case, get a faster CPU. to you current question, no. your cpu is not causing you to lose points while benching your GPU.

·
Banned
954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4i7;13009130
very true. didnt notice that as I was trying to figure out how to do a line through the words, and couldnt figure it out.

that and my fingers were tired, when i tried to finish that off last night.
biggrin.gif
thats my excuse and im sticking to it

This thread is starting to sink, and Im thinking about jumping ship. He doesnt even notice that he posted in his sig the specs of his rig, and that his 4.4ghz 920 is more then capable of doing the job. hopefully it will start to make sense as this is read.

\/ look, system specs. we can see that you have your 920 at 4.4ghz. if your looking for higher benching numbers, then thats a whole other story. in that case, get a faster CPU. to you current question, no. your cpu is not causing you to lose points while benching your GPU.
OT: I love your avatar. :3

A i7920 at those clock speeds WILL NOT bottleneck 580s in SLi.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts