Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does It annoy You When People think there card is superior because of the amount of Vram the card has?

From my knowledge, yes vram helps with larger resolutions but its all about the Clock speeds, and memory speeds, and shader model. Correct me if Im wrong.

·
Registered
891 Posts
but ive got more hard drives and a bigger monitor... so clearly mine is more powerful

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Yes. Just like the people who base a computers performance solely upon its GHz.

"Wow dude, you spent $1500 building a computer with only a 2.6GHz CPU(x3440)? My P4 2.4GHz is almost as good..."

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
dude i gotz likez 400hundres vrams ftw model.... i hate when people think details (more or less) make their computer better...

·
Intel Extreme 1366
1,665 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jebus101 View Post
but ive got more hard drives and a bigger monitor... so clearly mine is more powerful
Yep...
Sounds like my rig

It's clearly our job to school those who are uneducated in terms of computers
...if you want to

·
Registered
760 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisB17 View Post
Haha man I had a kid on CSS tell me his PC was more powerfull/faster because he had a 900w psu. So nothing surprises me anymore haha.
LOL... like the saying says: better to look like an idiot than to open your mouth and confirm it.

Yes it is annoying when some punk spouts off that his GPU has 2GB's VRAM so he has a "super computer"... But he only plays @ 1024 x 768 which makes my 256MB GPU perform the same.

I especially like linking this makes for a excellent parting shot

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
To most newbs:

Higher clock = faster.
More VRAM = faster.
LOOK AT MAH 1kW PSU.
LOOK AT MAH CCFL'S.
LOOK AT MAH (easily breakable) LED FANS.

There. That pretty much sums it up.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Nah, I'm more annoyed when people can't use proper grammar.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Some guy on a CS:S server said that 3x 9800gt in Tri SLi was better than a GTX460 solely because the gtx460 is fermi, therefore it runs hot and that if one card dies, you still have two. I tried to tell him that tri sli doesn't scale well in most games and that the GTX460 runs fairly cool. He still stuck to his side.

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
I'm running quad-SLI GeForce 6200's...that's 24,800(6200x4).

WAY BETTER than quad-SLI GTX480's, which is only 1,920(480x4).

I think the numbers speak for themselves...

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiX View Post
Mah quad SLi 9600 GTz is bettah - 38200

(SIGH) Even my quad 295's were garbage.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nothing on my rig!
- It's got a built-in vegetable crisper, which you can replace with a better one
- Integrated, yet highly functional ice machine that can give you cubes, crushed, or shaved ice.
- overclocked freezer
- 1.21 jiggawatts of electricity being generated at all time (flux capacitor sold separately)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
The best is when they compare clocks of the gpus from different generations.

"dude, your GTX 480 is only clocked at 725 MHz. I can take my 8800GT up to 750MHz."

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Nope. I do try and educate people as I work as a computer technician so I am all of the time running into people with little knowledge of computers. I try and impart as much as I can as part of the service.

Every now and then you run into someone who doesn't want to learn, in that case its their loss and you let them go on their merry way.

"Intel has more gigabytes, gigaharddrives, 3 gig space, and is most likely found on Macs. AMD is not exactly a very good piece of software because it has less space in the computer. That's why I have to get a convertacable and transfer some of the files to a different packages or folders to minimize the amount of space wasted. "

HAHAHA, you wouldn't believe how close that sounds to many of my shop's customers.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,737 Posts
Quote:
This reminds me...
Thats hilarious!

"Intel is better, umm, cuz it like, ummm, macaroni and cheese! Yeah! Thats it."

Where are the parents, good God!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts