Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a concrete answer on this.... Let's say people are saying not to exceed 1.45v on a Xeon X58 CPU.

My X5670 is set to 1.38something Volts right now but Load Line Calibration is ENABLED.

This means, under load the vCore actually goes up. HWMonitor shows it spiking up to a max of 1.435v

So TLDR: When someones says "don't exceed X vcore voltage", does this take into account the boosted voltage under load due to LLC ?

Should I even be using LLC ? (Without it, my OC wouldn't be stable and I would have to up the vcore past 1.4 I believe)

·
Programmer
28,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THS89 View Post

I can't find a concrete answer on this.... Let's say people are saying not to exceed 1.45v on a Xeon X58 CPU.
My X5670 is set to 1.38something Volts right now but Load Line Calibration is ENABLED.
This means, under load the vCore actually goes up. HWMonitor shows it spiking up to a max of 1.435v
So TLDR: When someones says "don't exceed X vcore voltage", does this take into account the boosted voltage under load due to LLC ?
Should I even be using LLC ? (Without it, my OC wouldn't be stable and I would have to up the vcore past 1.4 I believe)
Yes.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
LLC is used to reduce Vdroop(voltage going under desired voltage on load) and over voltage but not all motherboards will have much control on how much LLC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts