Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I idle at 30c and load at 53c and feelin pretty good about that. I dumbed down my 4ghz OC because I didn't like the temps but i manage to keep 3.8ghz with stock volts. I'm always feenin for more performance and am trying to get to 2800mhz on the NB. Does increasing the voltage for that increase cpu temps?

·

13,177 Posts
Increasing CPU-NB voltage and the speed of it itself will increase temps.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya that's probably the best way, thanks all.

·
Banned
1,527 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by venomblade
View Post

Right now I idle at 30c and load at 53c and feelin pretty good about that. I dumbed down my 4ghz OC because I didn't like the temps but i manage to keep 3.8ghz with stock volts. I'm always feenin for more performance and am trying to get to 2800mhz on the NB. Does increasing the voltage for that increase cpu temps?

Increasing NB Voltage will increase NB temps. Increasing CPU Voltage will Increase CPU Temps... If you have sufficient cooling then you shouldn't worry.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Weather is warming up a lot here now, Ive just dropped from 4ghz to 3.5 and got CPU/NB at 2900 I couldnt get over 2700 at 4ghz cos of heat. To be honest think it can stay that way as bench test are not much less, and less bother!

·
Mining the DB
2,336 Posts
Ocing the CPU WILL increase your CPU/NB temps as the CPU/NB is on the CPU die itself. Increasing voltage will cause the effect of generating more heat but the CPU/NB is actually built into the CPU (hence its called the CPU Northbridge). Most important part of it is the memory controller, not to sure what else it comprises of as im sure the physical north-bridge contains everything else(south-bridge, PCI-E etc).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Lol i won't even ask what kind of liquid cooling you have. But yes, incresing the cpunb will increase temps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.