Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OCN,

I need some OCN-pert advice. I was thinking about upgrading my other half's Mobo, CPU & Memory currently she is rolling with a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.5GHz, Foxconn ELA P45, OCZ Reapers DDRII @ 977MHz & HD5770 1GB

Her system is used for Gaming COD MW2, DiRT 2, Work Accounts, Study & Web Browsing

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Doesn't need one perse, could upgrade the RAM and GPU...

Do you have a budget?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well a new Mobo, CPU & Ram is going to cost £400.00

Is it going to be worth it because her CPU is still rocking HARD

·
Code Monkey
1,851 Posts
Change the CPU cooler and up that OC, maybe, but that's about it. And a chick that plays MW2? Now I've heard everything...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Nah I think her computer needs an upgrade its pretty decent at the moment.

Just save them money and maybe you could get her a different kind of upgrade
lol JK

EDIT: Mw2 has an FPS cap of 90 is it is piss easy to hit it hey I even hit it on my old AMd athlon 4600

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
No need for upgrading at this time...

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SickStew
View Post

OCN,

I need some OCN-pert advice. I was thinking about upgrading my other half's Mobo, CPU & Memory currently she is rolling with a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.5GHz, Foxconn ELA P45, OCZ Reapers DDRII @ 977MHz & HD5770 1GB

Her system is used for Gaming COD MW2, DiRT 2, Work Accounts, Study & Web Browsing

Yes.......honestly though not really. She's good to go for at least a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by loser7
View Post

Your temps are so low .. Can you OC more? No upgrade but OC more if you can.

The temp may seem low because I have offset the TJMax to 80C as per Intel Specifications for the QX6850.

What could I get in place of the Corsair H50? (I think the H70 is to big for the case)

Below is a picture of her set up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts