Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me clear it up a bit. I have 2 GTX 260's each have 896mbs of video ram. Will game utilize both cards ram? I though they did, but now im starting to question that. In GTA IV it only shows 896mb of ram and not the other 896mb. Some will say GTA does not support SLI. It does now and it has for a while. Any ways this question is not about GTA. So does it utilize both?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
i believe that each card's memory with be populated with identical data, since they are working to render the same thing, rather than two different things. So technically you only have the memory size of one card, but both cards memory is being used, but by the same data.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fooxz View Post
i believe that each card's memory with be populated with identical data, since they are working to render the same thing, rather than two different things. So technically you only have the memory size of one card, but both cards memory is being used, but by the same data.
That is what it does. It needs identical geometry and texture data in each memory bank in order to work efficiently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts