Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a problem. I've just bought a CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ cooler and this fan with it: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/catalo..._48_68&mID=254

Did I buy a wrong fan to fit on the CM? I wanted to make a push pull configuration, but I'm afraid it's not gonna work with this fan, because it doesn't have holes for the mounting thing to fit in...

Should I return it and get another one?

Cheers, Jack

·
Registered
20 Posts
Holes arnt always needed, in my case most of my fans are held on with cable ties
hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts

A quick google search shows this image,and the 2 sets of 2 brackets off to the side appear to be for holding the fans on.So judging by this,they have given you the hardware you need to go with a Push Pull config

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it seems that I'm so stupid, that I've bought a fan that doesn't fit the brackets because it has no holes... I have to swap it for another one...

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jackkk1
View Post

Yeah, it seems that I'm so stupid, that I've bought a fan that doesn't fit the brackets because it has no holes... I have to swap it for another one...

Dont feel bad,I bought 3 fans for my cooler,and it only comes with 2 sets of fan clips

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deano12345 View Post
Dont feel bad,I bought 3 fans for my cooler,and it only comes with 2 sets of fan clips

You're right, it just happens. Fortunately, it cost no more than 5 Euros, so it's not such a big deal. And I've found out that I can take out one of the fans from the case, mount that one to the heat sink and use the wrong one in the case...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts