Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an almoast year old nforce 4 motherboard 133-P4-NF51-AX i really want core2duo and i have the money but i dont have any extra to buy a new mobo if i cant get the c2d to run on my motherboard then i'll just have to deal with a Pentium D 930 which isnt terrible but i really want more power

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Core 2 won't work unless it's been made in the last 6 months or so. Look it up on newegg and see if it says the Core 2 chips are supported.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well idk i might have gotten it somewhere around 7monts ago but newegg no longer sells it i really want c2d is there any kind of bios update i can do? cause i know it can handle the D930 which is socket 775

·

29,532 Posts
No nForce4 boards supports C2D, and won't be able to very soon.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored
well idk i might have gotten it somewhere around 7monts ago but newegg no longer sells it i really want c2d is there any kind of bios update i can do? cause i know it can handle the D930 which is socket 775

It's not about the socket, it's about the BIOS and the board design. there are many boards that did not support C2D, but then were re-designed and then the new versions of the boards would.

I don't know of any board available for retail sale 7 months ago that will run a C2D. I believe July was when the C2D motherboards began to become available.

There are some nForce 4 boards out now that support C2D.....but as they are nForce boards, they are terrible overclockers.....

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper

It's not about the socket, it's about the BIOS and the board design. there are many boards that did not support C2D, but then were re-designed and then the new versions of the boards would.

I don't know of any board available for retail sale 7 months ago that will run a C2D. I believe July was when the C2D motherboards began to become available.

There are some nForce 4 boards out now that support C2D.....but as they are nForce boards, they are terrible overclockers.....

Not the nForce4 for C2D, is there?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts