Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
It supports any SINGLE pci-e vid card. Only Ati in crossfire...no Nvidia SLI as of yet.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thehacker11
aww I ment sli
will it ever support sli?
No, you will have to get a Nvidia chipset for SLi, sorry, that's just intel..

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
There are rumors that the P5WD2-E will support SLi in the future via a BIOS update. That's just a rumor at this point, though, so don't plan around it.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
P5WD2-E Premium

According to that, it does support ATI Crossfire, so if you wanted to run 2 video cards, they would have to be ATI Crossfire equipped cards.

You can still run a single NVIDA card on the main PCI-e slot.

The regular Premium has a special set up to run any 2 PCI video cards

Universal PCI-E Slot
The Universal PCI Express technology offers utilization flexibility of the Southbridge PCI Express interface. It enables users to plug in an additional PCI Express graphics card to set up a dual graphics card platform on a single motherboard. ASUS’ own smart quick switch further detects how users installed their PCI Express devices, and intelligently reroutes the PCI Express lanes for optimized bandwidth allocation.

It's not as fast as Crossfire or SLI, but it's better than 1 card.

To run 2 NVIDA cards, you'd have to get one of these;

NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI Intel® Edition

Check out the ASUS forums and read all the reviews on Newegg before you buy. I have heard of some big driver and BIOS issues with 1 or 2 of those.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper
P5WD2-E Premium

According to that, it does support ATI Crossfire, so if you wanted to run 2 video cards, they would have to be ATI Crossfire equipped cards.

You can still run a single NVIDA card on the main PCI-e slot.

The regular Premium has a special set up to run any 2 PCI video cards

Universal PCI-E Slot
The Universal PCI Express technology offers utilization flexibility of the Southbridge PCI Express interface. It enables users to plug in an additional PCI Express graphics card to set up a dual graphics card platform on a single motherboard. ASUS’ own smart quick switch further detects how users installed their PCI Express devices, and intelligently reroutes the PCI Express lanes for optimized bandwidth allocation.

It's not as fast as Crossfire or SLI, but it's better than 1 card.

To run 2 NVIDA cards, you'd have to get one of these;

NVIDIA® nForce4 SLI Intel® Edition

Check out the ASUS forums and read all the reviews on Newegg before you buy. I have heard of some big driver and BIOS issues with 1 or 2 of those.
Well I'm not supprised there is driver issues... You buy a Nvidia chipset for SLi, you buy a ATi express chipset for Crossfire, you buy a Intel chipset for overclocking, not running SLi or crossfire, problem solved.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Well, the reviews and comments I saw were specific to the ASUS board, not the chipset. But, yeah LOL, it's a good point.

Also, I was just on ASUS checking on something and it looks like they have a BIOS update that allows the P5WD2 - Premium to use Crossfire technology.

Too bad I'm an NVIDIA guy

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
That's what it says...

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...Language=en-us

Quote:
P5WD2 Premium BIOS 0606
Fix CrashFree fail issue with ECC DRAM
Fix WinXP can't be installed from a PX-716SA SATA DVD-RW drive in AHCI mode.
Fix ECC initial incorrect
Adjust low threshold of CPU fan.
Support ATI CrossFire technology.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts