Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching, waiting and analysing but I still haven't come across a monitor with all the desirables yet… Have I been skipping over one or does a monitor with the below stats actually exists?

24" - biggest I can fit in the hutch on my desk
LED backlit (dynamic) - for power saving and for the higher contrast
120Hz - for 3D
1920 x 1200 - for bragging rights
5ms (pref 2ms) - because it's better
Adjustable height / tilt - better posture, der
In-built speakers - just for shiggles
(not necessary for me)
HDMI - isn't this pretty much standard these days

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shame aint it; nvidia and ati have brought the bats and balls to the game these days but we're still waiting on a decent pitch to play on.

Makes you wonder if the lack of 3D capable monitors isn't so much for low demand, but the big peeps are keeping that carrot dangling a bee's ***k away to keep us interested. But they're actually spending their coin on technology far superior than what's available... treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkwaffle View Post
'The Works' but no IPS

Agreed, though IPS+120hz is a bit off.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, "The works, but still within the budget of Average Joe who doesn't need a panel for professional graphics colour reproduction... etc"
that just seems a little long for a title.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Devices in any category of technology are very very rarely both filled with high end features and low end prices anyway.

120hz generally adds more to the cost than IPS does anyway, and one could easily argue IPS is more useful, even to the average joe that wants a screen that looks 5x better than a TN dead on, and infinitely better the second you move your head.

Besides, you never mentioned you wanted a huge steal

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
Devices in any category of technology are very very rarely both filled with high end features and low end prices anyway.

120hz generally adds more to the cost than IPS does anyway, and one could easily argue IPS is more useful, even to the average joe that wants a screen that looks 5x better than a TN dead on, and infinitely better the second you move your head.

Besides, you never mentioned you wanted a huge steal

I guess the question to the OP is whether or not they plan or playing in 3D. If not then I would highly recommend that they go for an IPS display.

Someday I am wishing for a 120hz 24inch IPS display with 2ms response time.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomicFrost View Post
I guess the question to the OP is whether or not they plan or playing in 3D. If not then I would highly recommend that they go for an IPS display.

Yeah, the bit on the 120Hz was specifically for 3D gaming. Got hooked on the idea after playing AVP at one of nvidia's display days

Quote:

WANT!! YES!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Quote:

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
LED backlit (dynamic) - for power saving and for the higher contrast [You really don't want this. This is terrible for gaming.]
5ms (pref 2ms) - because it's better [It's a lie. There are really no 2ms monitors.]
Adjustable height / tilt - better posture, der [Get a mount.]
(not necessary for me) [Who uses monitor speakers, really? If you spent this much, you have headset or a speaker setup.]

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

LED backlit (dynamic) - for power saving and for the higher contrast [You really don't want this. This is terrible for gaming.]
5ms (pref 2ms) - because it’s better [It's a lie. There are really no 2ms monitors.]
Adjustable height / tilt - better posture, der [Get a mount.]
(not necessary for me) [Who uses monitor speakers, really? If you spent this much, you have headset or a speaker setup.]

This...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if I kull it down quite a bit, for a 24" 120Hz LCD and just 1920x1080 all I get is the Acer GD245HQbd... really!? only one monitor, surely not!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts