✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,614 Posts
Large rad and watercooling? You'd think you would want a silent build
tongue.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
insane overclocks is what im after..40dbA is still kinda manageable right?

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,614 Posts
I cant stand 28Db. And each Db over that is TWICE as loud. 29Db is twice as loud as 28Db.
I would at LEAST get a good fan controller with that. 40Db with that many fans is like 80-100% on a GTX480.

·
Registered
207 Posts
These fans are what you want if your a die-hard enthusiast

If your more budget oriented, you want these. Note that these budget fans have sleeved bearings so you only want to mount them in a vertical position. Also note that MANY stores sell cheap imitations of these fans (extremely demanded fan), so only buy them from Petra's.

Other than that, these two fans are your best options.

Also: Fan tone matters much more than DBA. Would you rather listen to a louder low rumble, or a quieter super high pitched sound? Obviously the low rumble. Both these fans that i have recommended have that "low rumble" and no high pitched annoying ^SS whine.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132;14112668
I cant stand 28Db. And each Db over that is TWICE as loud. 29Db is twice as loud as 28Db.
I would at LEAST get a good fan controller with that. 40Db with that many fans is like 80-100% on a GTX480.
Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think dB doubles every 10dB, not every single dB... meaning that 100dB is twice the noise as 90dB, and 1000000dB is twice the noise of 999990dB, etc...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.