Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first WC loop! Are there any changes I should make before conducting my first leak test?

Res > Pump > Rad > CPU > Mobo > GPU > GPU > Res

I tried my best to use as little tubing as possible and to keep it looking clean. (Whoa those bends were pretty tight!) Does anyone have any better suggestions on loop order? This was the best I could come up with.

And do you think I have enough radiator if I do mild OCing? The radiator is a RX 360 with AP-15 push fans but I know I have a lot of blocks on the single loop.

Do you think stock temps will be decent if I were to run these fans in or around 1000rpm and when playing around with OCing, turn them up to 1850 rpm?

1.jpg

I'd appreciate any feedback!

·
Registered
519 Posts
you will need more radiator coverage...
your pushing it even at stock speeds with just that single 360
from the chart at skinneelabs... an RX360 with 3fans in pull @ 1800rpm and a 10c delta... the RX360 dissipates about 600w

pump? = 18w to 24w to whatever... don't know what pump your using
i7 950 = 130w stock voltage stock clock
ATI 5870 = 188w stock voltage stock clock
ATI 5870 = 188w stock voltage stock clock
SB/Mosfets = 100w (just for the sake of putting a number on it)
Total = 624w +/- ???

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, just to follow up on my thread...I finally got everything running and just an FYI for those interested in what kind of temps I'm getting with only a RX360+AP15 cooling 4 waterblocks: i7-950, Rampage III Extreme, and two 5870 EF6 cards...nothing overclocked (yet)

CPU Idle: 27C
CPU Load: 53C

NB/SB Idle: 31C
NB/SB Load: 33C

GPU1 Idle: 24C
GPU1 Load: 39C

GPU2 Idle: 26C
GPU2 Load: 38C

...not so bad considering I have 4 waterblocks on a 360 radiator, aye?

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
that rad should only be nearing its capacity, if i remember right that rad can do like 700 watts of dissipation. but another rad can never hurt, what pump are you using?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrasherht
View Post

that rad should only be nearing its capacity, if i remember right that rad can do like 700 watts of dissipation. but another rad can never hurt, what pump are you using?

MCP355 with a XSPC BayOne Reservoir.

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by itcrashed
View Post

MCP355 with a XSPC BayOne Reservoir.

yea if you can, throw in another rad, it can't possibly hurt. but those temps look pretty good for now. I would say overclock and if you see your temps going to high, add another rad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts