Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xPlatiiNum View Post
Does it not support windows 7 or is this a typo, because i really want it but I'm getting windows 7 :S

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/...ducts_id=40365
Windows 7 will work with this board for sure! I personally guarantee it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh great, thank you guys. It's because I don't have any more money to spend on another board so if that one couldn't support windows 7 my whole computer would be stuffed.

I'm happy to know that it will run windows 7 ;]

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Oh great, thank you guys. It's because I don't have any more money to spend on another board so if that one couldn't support windows 7 my whole computer would be stuffed.

I'm happy to know that it will run windows 7 ;]
Much older boards than this one are supported by Windows 7 too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Oh okay ;]

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
its not a typo, but the motherboard was probably made before windows 7 came out and the people who run the site are probably too lazy to update it.

Truth is all modern newer motherboards released around now should support 7, its a given. Vista and 7 drivers are almost identical anyway.

Some older boards only have drivers going up to XP, that's what they mean by support.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Even my 4-year old EVGA 680i SLI is supported by Windows 7 (right out of the Win7 box too).

·
Registered
556 Posts
Quote:

*Ahem*
|
|
|
V

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Even my 4-year old EVGA 680i SLI is supported by Windows 7 (right out of the Win7 box too).
Good to know, i had finished my computer build and really thought that this board didn't support win7, so i was shocked. But i'm thankful that you guys informed me about it. Good to know it will support windows 7.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rixon View Post
*Ahem*
|
|
|
V
Do you have the board that i'm getting?
Because i don't want some old crap gigabyte board :S

(I don't actually know much about computers.)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Do you have the board that i'm getting?
Because i don't want some old crap gigabyte board :S

(I don't actually know much about computers.)
The board you're getting is pretty new - or at least new enough to not be considered "old".

I mean, with all of the specs, it looks pretty much like a very-recently released motherboard to me (and a really high-end one at that).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

The board you're getting is pretty new - or at least new enough to not be considered "old".

I mean, with all of the specs, it looks pretty much like a very-recently released motherboard to me (and a really high-end one at that).
Oh, great. Well I'm happy with that.

This is what I'm going to be getting with my build, thought maybe you could give me your opinion.

Antec 900 case
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850
4 Gigs of Corsair Ram (12800/1600)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Corsair TX-650W Power Supply

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Quote:

Does it not support windows 7 or is this a typo, because i really want it but I'm getting windows 7 :S

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/...ducts_id=40365
yea it will work.

you can even go to gigabytes site and they may have updated drivers for that board. in fact, normally you can bypass gigabyte all together and just go to the chipset, sound, and network card manufactures and grab there latest drivers, but that takes a bit more time.

Quote:

This is what I'm going to be getting with my build, thought maybe you could give me your opinion.

Antec 900 case
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850
WD Caviar Black 1 TB

and for your build, should work fine.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Antec 900 case
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850
WD Caviar Black 1 TB
I mis-read the model number of this board: I didn't realize that it has onboard graphics. I don't know much, but I think that I have never seen a motherboard that has onboard graphics be regarded as a good overclocker. In fact, it has become my opinion that if somebody intends to do any overclocking, then all motherboards with onboard graphics should be avoided. But don't take my word for it because I'm just going by what I have seen here on OCN.

But it makes sense to me because I believe that if a board has onboard graphics, then the intended customer is not an enthusiast. I mean, most enthusiasts are going to get a graphics card anyway.

So I apologize, but I think I was wrong about this board being high-end. But at least it has the Ultra Durable 3 technology.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

I mis-read the model number of this board: I didn't realize that it has onboard graphics. I don't know much, but I think that I have never seen a motherboard that has onboard graphics be regarded as a good overclocker. In fact, it has become my opinion that if somebody intends to do any overclocking, then all motherboards with onboard graphics should be avoided. But don't take my word for it because I'm just going by what I have seen here on OCN.

But it makes sense to me because I believe that if a board has onboard graphics, then the intended customer is not an enthusiast. I mean, most enthusiasts are going to get a graphics card anyway.

So I apologize, but I think I was wrong about this board being high-end. But at least it has the Ultra Durable 3 technology.

Ohhh..... :S

Do you think you could pick a good mobo for me out of these that's under $150?(and doesn't have integrated graphics.)

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/...t.php?cPath=63

Also, i don't play on overclocking, but if you're saying it's not a good board then i'd like to pick a different one.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xPlatiiNum
View Post

Ohhh..... :S

Do you think you could pick a good mobo for me out of these that's under $150?(and doesn't have integrated graphics.)

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/...t.php?cPath=63

Also, i don't play on overclocking, but if you're saying it's not a good board then i'd like to pick a different one.

Well, if you will never overclock, then it won't make much of a difference. The main reason to make a fuss over the motherboard is when the system will be overclocked.

Unfortunately, I don't know AMD well at all, so I am unable to recommend any boards - especially when overclocking is not a consideration.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,940 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by coonmanx
View Post

Why post two threads that are the same?

Why criticize? Or, how does this concern you?

Besides, he didn't. The new thread is serving him a completely different purpose.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts