1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3Dmark06
15,414 points
Compare Link

For my sig rig?(Except the GPU is a Core 216 XFX GTX260 now.)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks, I wonder how much it will increase once I overclock the 260...

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AIpha View Post
Alright thanks, I wonder how much it will increase once I overclock the 260...
Well there's only one way to find out...

·
Banned
3,467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
OCing the GPU will help a little bit, but you need to OC that CPU more if you want a higher score.
All about the score? But yes you are correct.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, thanks for the quick replies guys, I took the trash out, came back and had 3 replies lol. Yeah, I think it's currently being held back by the RAM I have. I've tried going above 3.2 but it seems that no matter how much more voltage I give, it's unstable. I haven't really worked with it too much. I'm sure if I fiddled with it I could get it stable. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Well you don't need it 24/7 stable to run 3dmark a couple times.

I know my benching clocks aren't prime stable, but they get through the benches, and that's all that matters!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to try the [email protected] Edition speeds.(666/1436/1150(2300 effective)

·
Premium Member
3,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AIpha View Post
I'm going to try the [email protected] Edition speeds.(666/1436/1150(2300 effective)
You don't need your RAM that high. Core and Shader is what is important.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took your alls advice. OC'd the cpu to 3.5. Got 16,600.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
In 3dMark06, Canyon Flight (test 3) is really the only test you'll find to be nearly 100% GPU-bound (i.e. mostly affected by the GPU clock, and it goes strongly upward when using SLI).

The first two GPU tests, when you're using a GPU as nice as a GTX260 (while they'll react slightly to SLI or GPU OC's) are more strongly influenced by your CPU's Clock Speed (not by the # of cores, though). They are, as we say, CPU-bottlenecked tests ... at least, when run at the 'stock' benching settings, with a nice video card, they tend to be...

The CPU test scores, of course, are influenced by # of CPU cores, the clock speeds, the IPC (efficiency) of the processor, and to a small extent, your rig's memory bandwidth.

The fourth test is a bit of a mixed bag, typically you can increase your score slightly by increasing your gpu or your cpu clocks, it reacts to each about the same way ...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, overclocking my processor got me a huge gain... When I overclocked my graphics card it was a so-so.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Yeah OCing the CPU always gives a big gain in 3dmark06 points. Try 3dmark vantage or GPU limited games to see the results of a GPU OC.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AIpha
View Post

3Dmark06
15,414 points
Compare Link

For my sig rig?(Except the GPU is a Core 216 XFX GTX260 now.)

That's about the same score that my sig rig got.

I wonder what 2 gtx260's will do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts