Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
system wont post, and there is no power light from mouse or keyboard, i thought that even if cpu is DEAD that the mouse and keyboard would still show lights like they were recieving power? or does that sound like its the cpu?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
cpu fan spins up but as i said no keyboard and mouse lights with a dead cpu would it still power on but no usb keyboard and mouse or does that sound like motherboard is dead?

·
Registered
259 Posts
So whenever you boot on the pc and the cpu fan is spinning up, does it remain spinning? Are you just not seeing anything printed out on the screen? So far, there isn't enough information to confirm if either the motherboard or the cpu is dead. Is there a reason why you would immediately suspect that?

You might want to try switching off the power supply at the back of the case and then flipping the switch back on. That is a place to start.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it stays spinning monitor never lights, up tried turning psu power switch off and on tried 2 differnt psu,s tried ram in another system ram is good, this is a 7700k apu system so video card and cpu are together in one

·
Registered
783 Posts
Might be the CMOS. Take it out for 5 to 10min and then put it back in and see if that helps, If that doesn't help take out your CPU and check and see if there are any bent pins

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did all that, cant be bent pins left cpu in socket and motherboard&cpu went in closet, so since it has never been unmounted since last time it worked it cant be bent pins

·
Registered
783 Posts
It's most likely your CPU I would just check it in case and since you said you just pulled it out from closet might be dust build up etc try cleaning your mobo and cpu and then testing it again.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure, but i think its motherboard because dont know when it happened was in cardboard box then was bench testing it sitting on plastic top, but i see a scratch looks like it goes across some tracks on back of motherboard
mad.gif

·
Registered
783 Posts
If you live near one go to microcenter get a compatible motherboard and test it. if not then you will most likely will just have order it online

1 - 9 of 9 Posts