Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes, and if your tv does not have s-video input, you can get an rf modulator that will convert it to coax. I personally would not use anything less that s-video, due to picture quality. Even with s-video, you will find the word START on the start menu hard to read let alone web pages with text. If it is just to watch movies you will be fine.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It is best to have both the tv and your monitor hooked up to start the process. As I recall you need the tv hooked up, on, and on the correct input b4 computer starts up in order for the card to see the tv and start output. In the GPU's software you should find an option for auto detect TV.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, my parents don't want to get HDTV yet until it's a must so all our TVs are the heavy tube televisions. But all our computer screens are LCDs. lol

·
Registered
659 Posts
Don't knock on the Tube TV's just yet, they have blacker blacks, and a very crisp picture, especially if you have a HDTV tube. With tubes you are limited to size, and they get darn heavy when you get past the 32".

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
I used to have mine hooked up to a 20+ year old RCA 27", but I tried the other day and get only black and white as well. What gives? Drivers? I had full colour before, not sure what happened. Maybe the S-Video connector is done?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.