Overclock.net banner

Does XFX has a step up program?

1672 Views 22 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  superk
I know they have a double lifetime warranty on some of their cards but here is my situation:

I was going to buy an XFX 1gb 4870 and was wondering?

1. Does it have a double lifetime warranty?
2. Does XfX have a step up program so I could maybe get the 4890 when it comes out?
3. Worth getting the XXX version if I plan on overclocking it anyways?

Thanks! +reps
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cheesebumps!!
3,803 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
Now the question is wait for 4890 or jump on this because I am ordering a g24 within the week.
4890's are due to come out mid april so if you can wait til that period comes then good but if you're somewhere itching to get a new card..then again don't get the XXX version if it cost more..same warranty and features except the factory OC which i think about 2% than the stock for a 30$ price is not that catchy..

· Cheesebumps!!
3,803 Posts
Quote:

It just my 4850 really has starting seeing some killer temps after coming off a CRT to a 24" 1920x1200 and I am seeing temps into the 100's no joke.
since its a 24" man you need a GPU with at least 1gb ram..its making your card work 2x than the usual since its a big display and a huge resolution too..

· Cheesebumps!!
3,803 Posts
Quote:

Exactly that is why I was going with the 1gb. The 4850 512mb has been great on a crt but reference single slot cooler just aint cutting it on the big boy.
better give that big boy a break man..the card will suffer overheating if you still pursue that size and resolution better get a 4850x2 or a 4850 with 1gb mems on it or if your wallet lets you go for 4870x2 or a single 1..

· Cheesebumps!!
3,803 Posts
Quote:

OMG MAC BOOK PRO!!!!! 8 HOUR BATTERY LIFE GO GREEEEN HELLL YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! GREEEENNNNNN NOTEBOOOOKS YEAAAAHHHHH!!!! USE LESS BATTERIES!!!!! Sorry just saw an apple commercial
i got carried away with this..lolz..

· Cheesebumps!!
3,803 Posts
Quote:

Well the simplest solution would be to dip it in some water and break down and get a water block to throw it in the loop. I just dont want to becuase it's a 4850 512mb.
it would be no use man prolly it would go down(temps) a bit but to a dissapointment ending..since its a 24" screen and very high i mean ultra high resolution..
the card ends up used to the last kb of its juice..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.