Overclock.net banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dang it! was going to get a Phobya Xtreme NOVA 1080 Radiator.

Can anyone find me a 1080 copper radiator at a good price and IN STOCK AT A PLACE THAT EXISTS?

I'm looking at the alphacool nexxxos xt45 full copper at Aquatuning but they want $60 to ship that huge mass of copper.

Used is ok if someone in the forums has one :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

Can anyone find me a 1080 copper radiator at a good price and IN STOCK AT A PLACE THAT EXISTS?

I'm looking at the alphacool nexxxos xt45 full copper at Aquatuning but they want $60 to ship that huge mass of copper.

Jesus christ that's some cooling power lol.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts

I believe @Avacado has some new in the box AC rads that he is looking to sell.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
I believe @Avacado has some new in the box AC rads that he is looking to sell.

I'm like the guy at the stadium. "Peanuts, who's got Peanuts?"

The 480's aren't for sale, and the UT 60's are in use. Everything else I'd work with you on. They are all NIB.

Attachments

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts

The 480's aren't for sale, and the UT 60's are in use. Everything else I'd work with you on.
Send the pretzel guy over. And tell him to make sure that they're hot this time.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,508 Posts

Wait....PPCs claims to have one in stock - Phobya G-Changer Xtreme NOVA 1080 Radiator 60mm

They also have rad cages, so you could grab rads from @Avacado and make one with better quality rads, probably for less money.

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

The 480's aren't for sale, and the UT 60's are in use. Everything else I'd work with you on. They are all NIB.
No wonder I can't find any in stock? Did you buy the whole Xoxide store, manager and all?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I had a Phobya Nova 1080 once upon a time, with a rack-mount case, and it sat beside. It was an ultra-fugly setup, but was mostly obscured by my desk and the case in the rack. Kept a 2700K at 4.7 Ghz for a long time, 46C if I remember, and a 780 Ti at...35C, I think. Dual D5 pumps in series. All 9 fans were Arctic F12, running on a large resistor to keep RPM steady. It wasn't silent, but was very quiet, and I used a furnace filter cut to size, and had two of them, so every 6 months I'd swap out the filter with a flush. Good radiator. Also, yes, that is a Vlasic pickle jar as the res. All tubing was 3/4" OD Norprene with the res having 3/4" OD clear poly-urethane tubing. I had some diverter and check valves set up, so flushing it took about 3 minutes. Cringeworthy looks, but quite effective.

I hope you find one OP, they aren't a dense fin setup, and the regular models are kinda thin-cored (IMO), but overall, good radiator.

Attachments

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I had a Phobya Nova 1080 once upon a time, with a rack-mount case, and it sat beside. It was an ultra-fugly setup, but was mostly obscured by my desk and the case in the rack. Kept a 2700K at 4.7 Ghz for a long time, 46C if I remember, and a 780 Ti at...35C, I think. Dual D5 pumps in series. All 9 fans were Arctic F12, running on a large resistor to keep RPM steady. It wasn't silent, but was very quiet, and I used a furnace filter cut to size, and had two of them, so every 6 months I'd swap out the filter with a flush. Good radiator. Also, yes, that is a Vlasic pickle jar as the res. All tubing was 3/4" OD Norprene with the res having 3/4" OD clear poly-urethane tubing. I had some diverter and check valves set up, so flushing it took about 3 minutes. Cringeworthy looks, but quite effective.

I hope you find one OP, they aren't a dense fin setup, and the regular models are kinda thin-cored (IMO), but overall, good radiator.
Ok I love the furnace filter idea. I am hoping to get Avacado's 1080 alphacool since the phobya seems like an impossibility.

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Rig Advisor
3,230 Posts
Lol that's the one I tried to get them to price match to xoxide and they said hell no lol
Yea, iv'e probably spent in excess of 7k at PPCS over the last 6 Months, have a good relationship with them and they have always helped me out when in need. However, I have never had them go ahead with a price match. Basically, what you see is the price.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts