1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUClOMhAwjQ&feature=feedu[/ame]
LINUS VIDEO

ONTARIO DEAL PICTURES REVEALED ON REDFLAGDEALS
Intel Xeon W3520 for $200 - that's new, they don't usually have CPUs!
Tons of SOLID STATE DRIVES
$2 for Coolermaster Hyper 101A coolers
$5 Corsair A50!!!
$45 Corsair H80
$60 Corsair H100
$15 Noctua something (not sure)
$140 GTX 570
$200 GTX 580
$100 6870s!? YES, I'm getting myself one of those
$70 6770s
$120 GTX 570! $120!!!! $120 for A GTX 570!!! !!!!!
$80 M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3
^^^^^^^^^
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again!
wheee.gif

THIS SATURDAY! 9AM to 5:30 - this is half an hour earlier than usual. That means I'm going to have to be there earlier
frown.gif

If you happen to know about NCIX's warehouse clearance sales, they are LEGEN--wait for it---DARY!!!
Get your wallets ready - the deals are going to be EPIC!!!
There go my tablet plans!
wheee.gif
Unless there are tablets there and probably will be!

[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdllnDUYSmE[/ame]

Videos of deals from previous warehouse clearance sales:

Note that these are mostly open box and discontinued items, usually with a limit of one per person per category.

Some examples of deals I have personally gotten from these warehouse sales (I've been to 3 previous!):
  • 2TB WD Green HDD (or Seagate Barracuda Green) - $40 (might be less this time round!)
  • 1080p monitors - $70-100 (a lot of monitors are usually available - last time I got a 23.6" LED for $90)
  • Old motherboards - $5 each (I got AM2 boards and even a P35 LGA775 board last time)
  • Tons of misc accessories
  • Epic deals on laptops and netbooks
  • Awesome video card deals (i.e. $100 5850s, GTX 460s - I'm looking to a video card this time round)
  • $15 Antec EA380D power supply (that's right, $15 for a new in box EA380D 80+ certified PSU. With a case too, but it was broken)
  • Lots of misc stuff they might happen to get rid of.
Tips for OCNers - what to expect:
  • Long lineups (sometimes stretching around the building) - ARRIVE EARLY, first-come first-serve!
  • Wi-fi Access - I had the idea for it last time and they actually did implement it.
    smile.gif
    Probably again this time. Note that it is probably password protected (the notice with the password is at the front door, go there first!) even if it is an "unsecured" network - I believe it has to do with adjacent properties.
  • No bags allowed inside
  • Usually with a limit of one per person per category
  • Note that these are mostly open box and discontinued items
They usually don't have (or don't have much of):
  • Processors
  • RAM

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Last time I went and got nothing. Still going to see if I can go!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DO IT.
So worth waking up at 4:30AM
wheee.gif

Better for me, the Friday before is a free day (pro-D) for me so this is happening mid-long weekend.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ They had some low end AM3s last time but none LGA1155. A lot of X58 and P55 though. LGA775s often count as "old" boards and get thrown in the $5 bin. Got a $5 P35 once, traded it to a friend for some useful RAM.

I'm hoping for a $5 AM2+/AM3, I need one board with a particular characteristic.

Also aiming for a video card and a tablet.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ This is specific to warehouse locations, and usually only features open box or discontinued items (often returned, but not in seriously dysfunctional condition). NCIX California might have one, but not any time soon - they just started.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;15359945
^ This is specific to warehouse locations, and usually only features open box or discontinued items (often returned, but not in seriously dysfunctional condition). NCIX California might have one, but not any time soon - they just started.
Wanna set up a freebie xD?

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dudenell
View Post

trip to Canada? I think so

Again?

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Awesome

So, what time are you guys arriving

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xd_1771
View Post

^ They had some low end AM3s last time but none LGA1155. A lot of X58 and P55 though. LGA775s often count as "old" boards and get thrown in the $5 bin. Got a $5 P35 once, traded it to a friend for some useful RAM.

I'm hoping for a $5 AM2+/AM3, I need one board with a particular characteristic.

Also aiming for a video card and a tablet.

I need one that's better then mine right now.

6AM hopefully.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Arrive just before 6AM - the first 410 bus from the east gets in the area around 6AM and it opens at 9 so I'm warning you, the lineup probably 30-40 long by then and you won't get in first wave lol.

They had mostly MSIs last time. They probably still have an 870A Fuzion there unsold, but that board was known for VRM fails.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Tempting but don't think I will bother this time. Don't really need anything at this point and time. Not worth lining up at 5am for me. Good luck bargain hunters.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Ugh... I'd love to snatch a case or AM2+ mobo deal, but I literally cannot get in line early. Could I possibly get any deals when showing up late?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -Allen-
View Post

Ugh... I'd love to snatch a case or AM2+ mobo deal, but I literally cannot get in line early. Could I possibly get any deals when showing up late?

In my opinion its not worth showing up late. You will probably still end up waiting in line, only to be left with scraps. You may find a deal on something uncommon, but HDs, monitors, vid cards etc will all be gone if they are good deals.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts