Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have this PSU That I run all my leds on anyway last night I disided to cut of some of the cables I did not need lol
After doing it I discoverd wat I done and did not want to plug it back in do you guys think it will still work?

Cables left on it:
24 pin of cours
and 3 4 pins

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
it will still work as long as none of the wires touch each other. (like the metal inside not the insulation obviously)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

it will still work as long as none of the wires touch each other. (like the metal inside not the insulation obviously)

It still has the ruber around it and there touching is that fine?

·
Registered
714 Posts
stagger the lengths by snipping, and wrap once in electrical tape. But by no means NEVER open the PSU. The charge the capacitors are holding will kill you or at the very least send you to the emergency room from serious burns.

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS
View Post

stagger the lengths by snipping, and wrap once in electrical tape. But by no means NEVER open the PSU. The charge the capacitors are holding will kill you or at the very least send you to the emergency room from serious burns.

Lol -

- No.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS;12035312
But by no means NEVER open the PSU. The charge the capacitors are holding will kill you or at the very least send you to the emergency room from serious burns.
As long as you're careful you're fine; I've opened several PSUs (at least 1 of them on multiple occasions) and have never been shocked. When I want to remove cables, I prefer to do it internally because it looks neater; same goes for sleeving the wires. I've got 1 PSU that I use for powering my pump while filling/bleeding my H2O loop, testing fans/lights, and powering external drives; over the years I have removed all the wires except the Molex (jumped the PS_ON to Gnd internally) and then added a SATA power harness (that I had previously removed) and sleeved the wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts