1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Yesterday i got my Corsair H80i
But these fans are making noise, even at quiet mode at ~1000rpm
I disabled both of the fans to make sure the pump didn't make that noise and it doesn't (completely quiet without the fans)

So i decided to get other fans, i've did some research and found out that i can afford the extra 25 euros for a twin pack Corsair SP120 Performance or Quiet edition fans
But i can't choose between them
frown.gif

They currently don't got the Quiet edition on stock, they do have the performance ones on stock

Now my question:
Which one should i take? the Quiet ones or the Performance ones
Can those Performance ones be transformed into quiet ones with the quiet adapter it comes with?

I really want to get those fans asap, because i'm getting tired of those stock fans already now

Hope someone can answer my questions
smile.gif

·
r/madlads
8,728 Posts
Performance, you're looking for trouble with the quiet ones

Even so these fans aren't particularly strong in pressure or CFM and there are 30db(5db lower!) deltas (AFB1212L) that eats it for lunch

·
RPG Gamer
4,230 Posts
You know that the H80i fans are the SP120, just a different color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't extremely overclock right now, having an AMD FX-8120 running @ 4.0 Ghz
With the stock coolers on the H80i it has ~12 degrees on idle, and ~21 degrees running prime95 for 3 hours (Running stock fans @ ~1000rpm Push/Pull)

How much degrees would it be with the SP120 Performance ones @ ~1000 rpm on idle and 100% load?

·
RPG Gamer
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesley18 View Post

I don't extremely overclock right now, having an AMD FX-8120 running @ 4.0 Ghz
With the stock coolers on the H80i it has ~12 degrees on idle, and ~21 degrees running prime95 for 3 hours (Running stock fans @ ~1000rpm Push/Pull)

How much degrees would it be with the SP120 Performance ones @ ~1000 rpm on idle and 100% load?
What are you looking at for your temps? 21c at full load for 3 hours in prime95 on a 8120 is not possible on a H80i

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

You know that the H80i fans are the SP120, just a different color.
They look a bit different, rubber mounts + colored rings
And i dropped one of the H80i fans, and it's making a rattling sound now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp33d Junki3 View Post

What are you looking at for your temps? 21c at full load for 3 hours in prime95 on a 8120 is not possible on a H80i
Looking at the core temp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

And whats your ambient?
Around 20 degrees

I ordered the Quiet ones yesterday, and if it's not good enough i will get the performance ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turns out the SP120 Quiet edition works perfectly fine!

2.5 hours prime95 and the max i saw (core temp) was 25 degrees celcius at room temp of 21.5
Running these quiet ones @ 1300rpm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts