Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have it on Ultra setting, with 1280 by 1024 with even x16 anti-aliasing on. I thought that the x1300 didn't perform well or is it normal for it to run doom 3 at full with no lag?

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Well, you can turn it up all the way but I am here to tell you that your not getting good fps. there is no way in hell that card can push out the calculations at ultra settings and 16x to be very playable (playable == 40+ fps). That game can fill up 450megs of video memory (which an x1300 doesnt have!) no problem at ultra settings. Then theres 16x AA....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll quickly go over the settings again , just to make sure, but I swear I set them all the way up, and the 'recomended' levels it told me were the second highest with no AA.

·
Power Squid
9,609 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrker

Where do I get the timedemo?

Bring down the console and type;

timedemo demo1

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok ok, didn't see this at first but if I set the AA at x8 or x16, for when I restart (have to restart to have the effects take place) it takes it down to nothing and the rez. down to the lowest. Didn't see that it does that, and I messed around quickly and got it with 1280 by 1024 with x4 AA and it still runs good.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrker

Ok ok, didn't see this at first but if I set the AA at x8 or x16, for when I restart (have to restart to have the effects take place) it takes it down to nothing and the rez. down to the lowest. Didn't see that it does that, and I messed around quickly and got it with 1280 by 1024 with x4 AA and it still runs good.

uhhhh...what? I didn't understand anything in there.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
you can also lower settings in your videocarddriver so if doom3 is on ultra settings and your videocarddriver on the lowest you will have a fairly high fps
if thats not the case.....wat do you want?.....to go slower?....
happy dooming

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't mind it being good, and I have Omega drivers if thats a huge difference. I can't find how to get into the consol, tryed the '`' button but I just used fraps and got in the 30's for average frames per second.
Just wondering if all this overclocking I'm doing is helping me much

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
by the way(offtopic) are you a street fighter fan (akuma avatar) i played it since part2 and always loved it, still playing it, (back on topic)....run atitool to check your overclocks set it to default and run it remember the avg framerate then set your clocks higher and run atitool again, .....repeat till you get artefacts...then lower your clocks a little and check your avg frames (if you didnt do this already)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmmm this is another game I might have to reinstall on the new machine (along with Q4) except I never did actually complete D3. I got to the Hell level and ended up cornered on a save with a pea shooter and harsh language. I was too lazy to go back a few saves

1 - 13 of 13 Posts