Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive been having some issues lately, Over the last 3 weeks ive been online ive noticed my computer reacting badly and very slow ive also noticed a few things missing or corrupt with my games and stuff and my desktop icons, i thought maybe my pc had a virus so i did a scan and all was fine, then i ran my adaware se everything turned up fine so i thought maybe by chance it was my pc being overclocked for so long so i put all back to default for a few days i still had issues, i noticed about 3 days ago my internet was completly takin offline but it was online was really weird, i contacted my isp about the situation and they ask me if i had anykind of firewall on my pc which i told them no they recomended i purchase a firewall that my pc may be under attack, so i went out and bought zone alarm pro long and behold the next day i recieved 2 alerts that my pc was being intruded i am completely shocked out of all the years ive been online i have never been a victim of a hacker, now it seems that i may be getting dos attacks because my internet and computer will start responding real slow till i have to reboot, I called my isp once again about the situation and they told me i had to go into cmd prompt and and take screenshots of the packets that my computer gets when im being attacked so they can find out the src of origin from where the attacks are coming from, i dont understand why someone would be doing this to me and thought this firewall i bought would stop the attacks but its only stopped the intrusion not the dos attacks does anyone ever have this happen before and what can i do to stop this nonsince thanks for any help on this issue, because if it doesnt stop im afraid i am gonna have to cut my internet off because its getting bad.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
My old rig a few years back was a AMD duron 900mhz...
i OCd it to 1200mhz and ran it for a long time that way
I still have it but it gets random lock ups and curruption on the discs....
i hope this isnt your problem.... the first thing i would look at would be
Memory
then
Hard drive
Then Processor

Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |2A|N

Hey guys ive been having some issues lately, Over the last 3 weeks ive been online ive noticed my computer reacting badly and very slow ive also noticed a few things missing or corrupt with my games and stuff and my desktop icons, i thought maybe my pc had a virus so i did a scan and all was fine, then i ran my adaware se everything turned up fine so i thought maybe by chance it was my pc being overclocked for so long so i put all back to default for a few days i still had issues, i noticed about 3 days ago my internet was completly takin offline but it was online was really weird, i contacted my isp about the situation and they ask me if i had anykind of firewall on my pc which i told them no they recomended i purchase a firewall that my pc may be under attack, so i went out and bought zone alarm pro long and behold the next day i recieved 2 alerts that my pc was being intruded i am completely shocked out of all the years ive been online i have never been a victim of a hacker, now it seems that i may be getting dos attacks because my internet and computer will start responding real slow till i have to reboot, I called my isp once again about the situation and they told me i had to go into cmd prompt and and take screenshots of the packets that my computer gets when im being attacked so they can find out the src of origin from where the attacks are coming from, i dont understand why someone would be doing this to me and thought this firewall i bought would stop the attacks but its only stopped the intrusion not the dos attacks does anyone ever have this happen before and what can i do to stop this nonsince thanks for any help on this issue, because if it doesnt stop im afraid i am gonna have to cut my internet off because its getting bad.

Well... It isnt necessarily Denial of Service attacks. DoS can be denial of more than just the internet. Intrusions arent so bad cause Ive had a buttload. Its the "high-rated" ones that can be hackers. I really cant imagine why anyone would want to do that to you anyway. They usually seek out networks to hand out DoS attacks.

Check the attachment.

·
Overclockiit
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dunno digital, im a pretty private guy when it comes to my online scene not sure myself, today is the first day in a while i havnt been getting dos because i got my firewall set to shut my internet down when i do, hopefully this is just something random and will end soon, anyhow thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i was thinking of something else LOL
One too many here....
I just burnt some milk....
how you may ask...
i was trying to make mashed potatoes and the milk/ water i was boiling before i add the instant mash,,, well it boiled over and the smoke alarm went off...
Stupid me

i was thinking DOS Disc Operating System....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts