Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I'm doing a build for a friend of mine. Basically, she wants to be game (L4D, CoH, that sort of hardware intensity) and has a budget of $1000. She's going to be buying W7 and Office 2010 from her school at a discount, so I'm setting aside $100 for that so the build budget will be $900 Shipped to 92126.

Here's what I have so far:

Phenom II x2 555 BE
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3-1600
Asus GTS450 1GB
Samsung Spinpoint F4 320GB
Antec True Power New 550W
LG DVD-RW Drive
Antec Three Hundred Case
Asus VW225T 22" Monitor

It comes out to $875 shipped. I'm hoping that someone out there is godly enough to make a better build.

Again, the cap is $900. She'd need a graphics card that has at least the power of a 5770, and a CPU with at least the power of a PII. Ideally, I would like to get a PII x4 in there, but I don't see how I can.

+Rep for the magic man who can make this happen.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist View Post
Do you have 2 spare Sata cables? Both your optical and hard drive are bare meaning shipped with no cables.
um... i'm pretty sure that's how it always is? Motherboards come with the cables, not the other components.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpookedJunglist View Post
Do you have 2 spare Sata cables? Both your optical and hard drive are bare meaning shipped with no cables.
I've a whole drawer of spare SATA cables, and motherboards always come with them
That's also the same reason why I've a whole drawer of SATA cables; I've bought quite a few motherboards before settling on my current build, but I rarely change out my optical drives.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T3h_Ch33z_Muncha View Post
um... i'm pretty sure that's how it always is? Motherboards come with the cables, not the other components.

Well, retail HDDs do come with a cable, but they charge about $5-$10 more for a box and a cable. Not worth it at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts