Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chr0niKaL

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=14&page=1

Ive heard these are better then Radiators and i was wondering, cuz its 2 120 mm fan's, can i put this anywhere? or does it have to be on top of a fan slot. or even better, can i put it outside my case and have the tubes go through the fan grill?

Thanks

-Chr0n

You should be able to put it wherever you want it, but you dont want the line any longer than they need to be, cuz the shorter distance traveled the coller the piquid will most likely be.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/produc...&cat=14&page=1

Ive heard these are better then Radiators and i was wondering, cuz its 2 120 mm fan's, can i put this anywhere? or does it have to be on top of a fan slot. or even better, can i put it outside my case and have the tubes go through the fan grill?

Thanks

-Chr0n

you heard right. it's kinda hard to fit in your case even if you have a full tower. it would probably be best if you had it sitting outside your case with the tubing going in & out like you mentioned. check out my shroud guide in my sig to get an idea how you can cool the heater core.

and welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
theres no 2 80mm heatercore, but the best thing to do with a normal one is to mount it outside the case.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol thanks
Glad to be here =P Nice guide BTW ...
Guess ill have to get the tubing thru the case and i forgot the fan grill is gonna have a fan behind it so the tubes cant go thru there O_O
(Althought it will be cool cuz the case has a top fan which has a fan grill and i can place the heat core on top of the case O_O). Any ideas how to get the tubes go out the case without modding the case itself?

-Chr0n

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

theres no 2 80mm heatercore, but the best thing to do with a normal one is to mount it outside the case.

Isn't there a Black Ice thats got mountings for 3 80mms?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
no, the black ice III is for 120mm fans....

they have the minis though, but its only for 2 80mm, and isnt too good of a performer

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
well....twice the price...but it does look alot cooler

heatercores are ugly...but good for performance

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

no, the black ice III is for 120mm fans....

they have the minis though, but its only for 2 80mm, and isnt too good of a performer

Same difference, I knew that there was 80mm models, just didn't know how many fans, lol.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Could you maybe make like little legs for the heater core and mount it horizontally blowing upward to make it fit in a midtower? I could have sworn I saw someon who had a dual 120 mounted vertically here.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

well....twice the price...but it does look alot cooler

heatercores are ugly...but good for performance

if ya have a small case, the chrome one would probably be the best...for eye candy reasons :shades2:

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its ok, im gonna go for the 2 120 mm, im just wondering weather or not its gonna look ugly on top of the case, i really want my PC to look like a seaxy beast
lol, and another few questions:

1) I cant find any metal clamps on DD, and are metal better then plastic? Im getting Tygon Tubing.

2) That heator core, if i go with "Acrylic (sp?) Shroud" What will it looks like> Cuz i cant find any pics and i also dont know what a shoroud is
(Lol i am a noob >.<)

-Chr0n

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
the shroud looks sweet, its clear, and looks nie, i have ot.

and if u dont like the look of the heatercore then just spray paint it lol

and u dont need metal clamps....plastic is fine, but metal is better. but i just use small zipties, they work bes tfor me...no leaks yet..

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

1) I cant find any metal clamps on DD, and are metal better then plastic? Im getting Tygon Tubing.

yes.
http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/mer...duct_Code=9340

i'd advise you go to autozone or something and get the same clamps in a package (maybe 6 or 8) for a couple bucks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts