Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my doubt may be very common but i can't find a real answer and i guess this is the best place to ask.

Before anything for all my life i've been working with apple and not really intel or amd, but i always own a windows desktop for gaming.
I used to have a e2140 1.6ghz overclocked to 3.0 with the original intel cooler and i never got more than 50ºC, but i switched it to e6850 3.0 and here is the doubt.

I only have 2x1GB ddr2 1066 with 5-5-5-15, in your opinion what would boost my computer more while gaming? Get a nice cooler and overclock cpu to 3.5-3.8 or buy a new pair of ddr2 1066?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
more RAM because you will be gaming. What OS are you using ? What games ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
win7 64bits, well tbh i use to play cs1.6 crossfire, blackops and starcraft 2, in those last two i would like to have better quality. my gpu card is a 9800gt.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I suggest more ram and a new GPU. Win 7 64 requires 2 gig ram and therefore you would need more for gaming.

Sell the 9800 gt and get something more powerful that might even consume less power. Do you have a budget ?

9800 gt would go for $40 shipped on here and a bit mor eon eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not really, i don't have that money to waste otherwise i would buy the ram, the cooler and a new gpu card :>
i only got about $70, that's why i have to chose between the ram or a nice cooler.

You have been helpful and i'm going for extra 2x1GB
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antihumanos View Post

not really, i don't have that money to waste otherwise i would buy the ram, the cooler and a new gpu card :>
i only got about $70, that's why i have to chose between the ram or a nice cooler.
You have been helpful and i'm going for extra 2x1GB
smile.gif
I had a win 7 64 system with 2 gig of ram and it was just terrible about just being so sluggish even with older games.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts