Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravener

Which is my best bet out of these? I narrowed it down to 4...

Kingston HyperX

Kingston HyperX Enhanced Latency

Crucial Ballistix

OCZ Enhanced Latency Platinum

So that's it. I am set on getting one of these. Any advice/recomendations/pointers are more than welcome

IMO, The Kingston HyperX Enhanced Latency would be the better performer because of the tighter timings.

I would go with the OCZ myself, I believe they are better overclockers plus they are a little cheaper and can probably match the Kingstons timings.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would definatly go with the Kingston HyperX Enhanced Latency one

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
OCZ is a very good option. All those RAM sticks will perform well, apparantly Crucial is very good, but I would have OCZ.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After mulling it over I am leaning towards the OCZ. Excellant price, and it looks like it will be a good performer too

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn newegg. I was just going to go order the OCZ, when I saw this on the main memory page. It looks ok, and reviews look good for overclocking. Corsair is good to my knowledge. Any thoughts on this one?

I was also wondering, with the timings, does having higher timings help overclocking, but hinder performance slightly?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravener

Damn newegg. I was just going to go order the OCZ, when I saw this on the main memory page. It looks ok, and reviews look good for overclocking. Corsair is good to my knowledge. Any thoughts on this one?

I was also wondering, with the timings, does having higher timings help overclocking, but hinder performance slightly?

You'd be better off for overclocking with the OCZ...

Lowest stock timings and great overclockability...the corsairs are known to be fussy

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its done. I went with the OCZ. With any luck it will be here before friday, and knowing newegg it will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts