Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by remote_username
is it possible to switch xp sp2 to sp1?
Depends if you installed SP2 manually or is it embeded?

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

is it possible to switch xp sp2 to sp1?
I believe if you go into the control panel add/remove progs you can remove sp2, not 100% sure.. but I think it can be done. Why wouldnt you want sp2 tho?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Yeah if its embeded then I dont think there is a way because it replaces certain files on the installation CD.

Can you not borrow a copy off your friend that has a SP1 intergrated CD.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed
I believe if you go into the control panel add/remove progs you can remove sp2, not 100% sure.. but I think it can be done.
You can remove SP2 providing you installed it manually in the first place. If you have a later version of Windows XP, SP2 is pre-installed (like mine) and you can not take it off.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crashed
I believe if you go into the control panel add/remove progs you can remove sp2, not 100% sure.. but I think it can be done. Why wouldnt you want sp2 tho?
SP2 sux :turd:... Thats about it I think.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap! i keep on getting

"(the program)has (bla bla bla)and need to close we are sorry for the incovanance(your sorry my @$$)"and i'm getting pissed of

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK
SP2 sux :turd:... Thats about it I think.
I don't see much difference in it. It was supposed to help fix a lot of IE security (wrong - all still vunerable). DEP does not work at all to be honest, viruses still run even the ones its supposed to stop. Firewall aint bad though but the wireless networking system is very good though (best thing)

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg
I don't see much difference in it. It was supposed to help fix a lot of IE security (wrong - all still vunerable). DEP does not work at all to be honest, viruses still run even the ones its supposed to stop. Firewall aint bad though but the wireless networking system is very good though (best thing)
sp2 is

A STEAMING PILE OF TURD!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Thats exactley why it sux :turd:... It doesn't do what it was supposed to. SP1 since having about 20 or so patches is now kind of ok and is much easier to handle when you use 3rd party tools to protect yourself. Much safer SP1.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Thats exactley why it sux :turd:... It doesn't do what it was supposed to. SP1 since having about 20 or so patches is now kind of ok and is much easier to handle when you use 3rd party tools to protect yourself. Much safer SP1.
If I could have SP1 I would, but I have it pre-installed
so I can't. Damn new version of XP

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

I can send you a SP1 intergrated version if you like.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Quote:

If you send me you xp sp2 disc or a copy of it i will send you a copy of xp sp1? WHat do ya say?

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

I can send you a SP1 intergrated version if you like.
ok you got any idea how to use the windows backup thingy?

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

ok you got any idea how to use the windows backup thingy?
Never used it... I backup my data via DVD and a spare 20Gb HDD.

Greg: Would you like a me to send you a intergrated SP1 CD.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

No thanks its ok, I havnt got any problems with SP2 yet. Thanks for the offer though mate.

Thats quite alright... If you change your mind just PM me and I will send one out for nothing.

• Rep+
Reactions: The_Manual
1 - 20 of 29 Posts