Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue lately, its not huge but still can be quite annoying, after about 6-8 hours of continuous play Inquisition will just crash to the desktop saying “Dragon Age Inquisition has stopped responding” then crashes to the desktop. I was wondering if anyone else knows why this happens. Is it something that just happens to everyone like a known issue or could there be something wrong with my computer? Bare in mind this is the only game I have that does this (besides skyrim) which I know is a mod conflict. Any answers would be appreciated.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAI had been pretty stable for me and I played it for a long time. The only issue i could think of is either you are using some kind of post processing like Reshade or some driver isssue. Did you try a previous driver?
Yeah I have tried a few from when windows 10 launched but it still did the same thing, also have tried it with no gpu overclock, no cpu overclock and both not overclocked. I should note that I am using mods, but only 2 hairstyle ones from the same author. Do you think running the mantle API would make a difference as i’m currently using the DX11 API? Even though mantle does feel less smooth framerate wise as compared to DX11, but I hear it doesn’t really help if you have a cpu with powerful single-thread capabilities.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I can't speak for mantle because i have never used an AMD GPU before. I have heard people having some issues with Win10 creators update but I myself on Win 8.1.

As for mods, DAI modding is so basic, they worst that can happen you will use about 100MB of VRAM more. But if you use texture mods like hair textures, eyebrow textures, face textures then you will be having trouble entering "Black emporium". If you are using Re-shade i suggest you to use Reshade 3.0+.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't speak for mantle because i have never used an AMD GPU before. I have heard people having some issues with Win10 creators update but I myself on Win 8.1.

As for mods, DAI modding is so basic, they worst that can happen you will use about 100MB of VRAM more. But if you use texture mods like hair textures, eyebrow textures, face textures then you will be having trouble entering "Black emporium". If you are using Re-shade i suggest you to use Reshade 3.0+.
I personally don’t use reshade but I might try it, I think I might have found the issue but I haven’t had time to fully test whether or not it was it or not. Last night it caused my computer to freeze, but not blue screen so I have a feeling my cpu cache wasn’t quite stable so I added a little more voltage, but like I said I haven’t had enough time to fully test if that was it or not, will post back with results.

Okay so I think It was both the cache and EDRAM that was unstable because I bumped the EDRAM down to 2000MHz and the cache down to 3.7GHz and so far there is no issue.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured it out, 4.4GHz wasn’t truly 100% stable, and the GPU wasn’t 100% stable I’ve since backed off to 4.3GHz on my i7 and 1.1GHz on the 290X and everything is all hunky dory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts