Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
pull out a tube at the lowest point of your system, let the water run into a bucket, turn on the pump until it's about to run dry - that will get rid of most of the water. Then blow into the loop to get the rest of the water out

·
Registered
5,821 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I put a compression fitting at the bottom of my inline res, put a bit of tubing, connected the other end of tubing to a compression fitting, G 1/4 female to female adapter, then a stop plug.

So when I need to drain it I just unplug the stop fitting and the water will run through the tubing.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I used a turkey baster with a short piece of tubing so it would reach the bottom of the res. My res/pump is in the bottom drive bay so everything drains down as I pull out the water. Took me about 10 minutes yesterday when I added my GPU block and new tubing.

Wanted a 500ml syringe but the drug store only carried small syringes so I grabbed the baster for 99cents.

·
Old School Overclocker
192 Posts
I always wondered if blowing into the tubing to force the coolant out would introduce too much bacteria into the loop? I suppose the additives and coils will eventually kill anything, but it still seems odd to introduce bacteria into something that's supposed to be kept clean.

For draining I use the Koolance High Flow Quick Disconnects on my case to make disconnecting tubing easy and neat. Pop one open and no more than a drop comes out. Hold it over a bucket, press in the spring loaded valve and I'm draining. Next I carry my cooling tower over to a sink and flush the old coolant out with fresh water. Then I blow out the water with my air compressor.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/default.php?cPath=62_60_103

·
Registered
39 Posts
DSC02076.jpg

piece if cake, plus rads are MCR320 and 220 with fill ports on top to release preasure.

blow from the top and the last comes out easily within minutes, fill in reverse also helps to get almost all the air out in my case. With only a slight top up after a few minutes of running

10.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
If You have a simple cpu only loop, i'm guessing here from your sig. then you can do what i do, as my rad and cpu clock are a piece of cake to remove and my res is bay mounted, i simply take everything out the front drive bays, as there is enough room if i take out the dvd drive then everything just slips through in one piece, then once out draining is pretty easy as you don't need to worry about the mess, and you can leak test out of the case then simply do the same to refit the loop.

if this is not an option then maybe think about adding a splitter and a fill/drain line into the system which makes it a doddle. though i don't anymore as like a really clean look

1 - 12 of 12 Posts