Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i move my case around a lot, i would love to have a rad mounted outside but this will make moving it hard, is there a connector i could get to allow me to disconect, move ,reconnect with out haveing to drian , move , fill.thanks

thanks i found some

Most restrictive to least
Zalman quick connectors (one free end is G1/4 the other is a 3/8 barb) these came as standard on my Zalman Res2
Koolance VL2
Eheim Eheim Double Tap Connector (best flow vs cost - but long)
Koolance VL3 (best balance size/looks vs restriction)
CPC quick connectors
Koolance VL4 (these are what I have not for internal use)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Koolance has some quick disconnect fittings that only supposedly release 0.5-1mL upon disconnection.
They go for something like $13 CAD each.
VL4-F13-19S is the female
VL4-M13-19S is the male

You have to buy both

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OnetwoPi View Post
This might interest you http://www.skinneelabs.com/qdc.html
I recently received an order of VL3Ns from Koolance based on the results of that review. I'm yet to test them, but they are wonderfully machined. I was very impressed with how well manufactured they are. Koolance can be known to skew numbers in their marketing, but they've certainly got some wicked machining facilities.

I ought to be trying them out in a test loop tomorrow or on the weekend, so if you're still on the fence, I'll let you know how they hold up to the claim of zero drips (<0.2mL released on disconnection). The review seemed to confirm it, but I want to test them for myself to be certain.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
I am currently using Koolance VL2N-F06S and M06S and can say that they are really ''zero drip''. I was looking for this feature and am very pleased to find this ''No-spill'' shutoff really does work well. (Well, I have not tested them many many times over and over again. But for 8 or 10 times that I took them off and reconnected them, there was ''zero drip'')

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire
View Post

I am currently using Koolance VL2N-F06S and M06S and can say that they are really ''zero drip''. I was looking for this feature and am very pleased to find this ''No-spill'' shutoff really does work well. (Well, I have not tested them many many times over and over again. But for 8 or 10 times that I took them off and reconnected them, there was ''zero drip'')

Cool.

Glad to hear that they work as advertised. I figured that Koolance would pre-test the fittings sent for review and provide Skinnee's Labs with the best they could find, so I wasn't certain how well the average fitting would perform. I'm looking forward to testing anyway, but it sounds like they stand up to their claims.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No one commented on the plate I stole from the kitchen for the spill test...

For all QDC's whether they are "No-Spill" or not, I recommend a paper towel or similar just in case. Yeah, a few drops probably won't kill a component but better to be safe than cussing like a sailor because you knew better.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnee
View Post

For all QDC's whether they are "No-Spill" or not, I recommend a paper towel or similar just in case. Yeah, a few drops probably won't kill a component but better to be safe than cussing like a sailor because you knew better.

Hey, I take this opportunity to say 'thank you' again as it is precisely your article
on QDCs that has helped me to decide on the Koolance.

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,319 Posts
Got the koolance VL4 as a drain line for my res, have yet to test it, it is quite thick though, using 1/2id by 3/4 od tubing

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by windfire View Post
Hey, I take this opportunity to say 'thank you' again as it is precisely your article
on QDCs that has helped me to decide on the Koolance.
NP, regardless of your choice in brands I'm just glad you found the information useful!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnee View Post

I guess I didn't think as much of the plate because I would have done exactly the same thing.

Thanks for all the excellent reviews, though. =)

Over time I'd like to establish something of a liquid lab myself. I'm an experimentalist without any equipment =\\. I'm in the process of building myself a rad box that I can rig up to basically any PC I like, though. It's a first step.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts