Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently built my computer, and when I started playing games I would randomly get driver display stopped working in the middle of playing, I un-installed and tried different drivers but no luck. Today I got it it as soon as started the launcher and when I attempted to start the game my computer crashed and now it won't boot up, not even to the bios. So far I've tried a different graphic card and single memory sticks and no luck what so ever.

Any suggestions would be welcomed please.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
This is usally caused by lack of power to the GPU or a bad overclock. To a lesser extent it could be caused by driver problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milcah
View Post

Hm, I left it at stock OC it came with, I'm really mind boggled at this.

Hmm. 850w is more than enough considering I am at 750w and have 2 cards and run fine. I'd check drivers at this point. Do a complete reinstall using driver sweeper to clean out any old ones. If you're on a fresh install of windows then the last reason I can think of would be that the card is overheating or if not that then it is not handling an instruction properly and may be on it's way out.

• Rep+
Reactions: Milcah

·
Registered
833 Posts
It sounds exactly like what happened to me. In my case GTX570 died. Can you try your card in a different rig?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts