Overclock.net banner

[DriverHeaven]Dirt 2 DX11 Performance

2048 Views 28 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Frodcord
Dirt 2 DX11 Performance

The games seems to run very good on whatever card you have.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
I'm definitely not getting those numbers with my CF setup. Maybe only one card is being used...

At 1680x1050, 4xAA, High settings (no Ultra), I get an average of 44 fps with a min of 38. I'm starting to suspect that I need the hotfix to get my second card working for this game. Then again, I'm using 9.12 beta, so the 9.11 hotfix might not work for me. Ugh.
Pretty nice! 5770 runs outta steam starting at 1680 with 2x AA.
i wonder if my puny 8800gt would run it
Quote:

Originally Posted by adventfred
View Post

Mid settings? Yes.
See less See more
HD5970 needs some serious work for drivers.
My 8800m gts runs it highest it can go on the 1440 x 900 at 2x msaa. Min I get is like 35 fps on dx10. Not bad for a 1.8ghz cpu I say.
Nice, looking forward to those low end gpu's dx11 results
Have my 5970 overclocked to 950/1200 and I am basically getting slightly above the 5870 CF stats their getting. This of course is without the hotfix because the hotfix breaks the 5970 drivers which are basically 9.12 beta's.
I get about 45FPS steady and the odd 50-60 in races with my set-up. Thats with all settings medium, some at high, crowds off. AA x4, PP on.

Then obviously in menus and stuff I get 60 (V-sync)

I was really surprised how well the game runs, I figured it was going to slaughter everyone short of a 5850.

Unfortunetly I am missing out on the DX11 options. Even still the game looks great.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodcord
View Post

Mid settings? Yes.

I have been playing this game entirely too much over the past few days.. It's a lot of fun.

Just ran the benchmark

1680x1050 - 4xAA - VSync On - Ultra Settings

avg - 40fps
min - 30fps

1680x1050 - AA Off - VSync Off - Ultra Settings

avg - 42fps
min - 34fps

Specs in sig!
See less See more
Love this game
! Running it in Ultra settings at 1920x1200 res. my FPS don't drop below 50 FPS...

edit:
I forgot to mention on what hardware. The sig rig is outdated, haven't owned that in over a year
. Now I have a i7 920 and a Diamond Radeon 5850 slightly overclocked.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by xyztynz View Post
Love this game
! Running it in Ultra settings at 1920x1200 res. my FPS don't drop below 50 FPS...

edit:
I forgot to mention on what hardware. The sig rig is outdated, haven't owned that in over a year
. Now I have a i7 920 and a Diamond Radeon 5850 slightly overclocked.
Haha why don't you change it then, takes like 30 seconds.

If a 5850 is getting 50+ at all times, something is definitely wrong with my 5770 CF. Must not be using that second card...

This game rocks and looks amazing nonetheless. I can't believe it was bundled for free with my HIS 5770.
See less See more
You guys are spoiled, you know that? Complaining it doesn't run above 40fps on your high res monitors... I'd love it if I ran a new game at those settings at that res and got that FPS! You guys are spoiled...
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenRK View Post
You guys are spoiled, you know that? Complaining it doesn't run above 40fps on your high res monitors... I'd love it if I ran a new game at those settings at that res and got that FPS! You guys are spoiled...

Most people are actually happy with how it runs.
See less See more
The game is well optimised and runs good on a lot of cards. I max it out with both 5870 CFX, 5870 and 4890 CFX. Funny to see AMD and INTEL logo tho
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by adventfred
View Post

respect your 8800gt
See less See more
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.