Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states...I am planning on buying a steering wheel and pedals, and I would like to get a few racing games that are accurate to real life driving/racing.

Before someone suggests real life, I already have my monthly insurance rates insanely high, I don't need to get another speeding ticket lol.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Dangit. I'm trying to remember the name of a racing simulator you can download for free. Has nice physics. (not iracing)

*edit*

Live for Speed. I guess it's an online racer now. I downloaded it a couple years ago. Havent played it in a long time.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, will check them out.

+Rep.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Dirt 2 is a good game

So is Grid

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1;13068288
Dirt 2 is a good game

So is Grid
Neither of those are sims but they are great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryagainplss;13068316
iRacing?

NFS: Shift/2

And F1 (obviously)
Iracing is a sim, the others are not.
GTR 2 is one of my favorites, Race 07 and it's expansion packs are okay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A PC steering wheel isn't realistic at all to real driving. Most only rotate 90 deg. unless you spend $$$.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSS;13070890
A PC steering wheel isn't realistic at all to real driving. Most only rotate 90 deg. unless you spend $$$.
Most race cars don't have massive lock to lock ratios, most tracks wont have you taking your hands off 10 and 2 unless you are in a road car.

·
Super Moderator
14,128 Posts
live for speed?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenman;13070930
Most race cars don't have massive lock to lock ratios, most tracks wont have you taking your hands off 10 and 2 unless you are in a road car.
My last race truck had about 700 degrees of rotation. There are other types of vehicles out there then road cars.

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Iracing period.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSS;13070890
lol last 90degree racing wheel i last used was a madcatz steering wheel for the psone. lololl
Quote:
Originally Posted by r34p3rex;13073289
rFactor for sure!
omg the amount of mods = f1,dirt2,drifting, EVERYTHIGN! lol.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
The online racing simulators look fun but I don't play them enough to justify paying a monthly fee. It's WOW, but with cars.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1337;13068424
GTR 2 is one of my favorites, Race 07 and it's expansion packs are okay.
Yeah, was about to mention these and Live for Speed which also were mentioned. Frankly Live for Speed is the very best when it comes to physics and real life feeling.

Also Richard Burns Rally is great when it comes to simulation. Only problem is that the game is getting older (no native widescreen support etc, but you can run an app to adjust some extra settings. search around).

Lastly, I´ve heard great things about the feel of the latest Gran Turismo, but then again I dont have a PS3
wink.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts