Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Independent investigation determines that exploding Galaxy S III caused by external energy source

Remember that Samsung Galaxy S III that a user reported exploded while in his car? Turns out, it was all a lie, a big lie! Samsung went ahead and contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to conduct an investigation on the "exploding" Galaxy S III so that they could find out exactly what caused the accident.
Source

Follow up from this incident: http://www.overclock.net/t/1272435/engadget-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-is-hot-bursts-into-flames-and-melts-through-its-own-casing
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,796 Posts
Quote:
According to the Fire Investigation Report, the device was most-likely damaged by a domestic microwave.

"The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner's damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave."
Oh boy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,606 Posts
Yikes, im happy with my HTC amaze. Im sure this is a great phone, i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.
 

·
Old to Overclock.net
Joined
·
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology View Post

Yikes, im happy with my HTC amaze. Im sure this is a great phone, i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.
The phone was damaged because the user did it on purpose (phone got wet and they used a microwave to dry it up). If you read the source / update above your post it would have been clear to you.
 

·
Straight Outta Commadore
Joined
·
2,728 Posts
I'd love to see some statistics of how many people actually even click a source in a news post, much less read it fully.

On Topic: I figured as much with this. Way too many phony claims with mobile devices lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Based on the FIUK, it appears as if the phone was placed in a microwave (to dry) after suffering water damage.
I'm sorry but....ahahaha
lachen.gif

Somebody should have told him to stick his phone in a sealed container with rice..... not the microwave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
He owns it for a week and already gets it wet? Should stick with the free phones..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,260 Posts
*pets Galaxy SIII*

Easy boy...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
What a moron.... and it probably costs Samsung a few sells due to his stupidity. They should sue him for libel.
 

·
Unwilling Beta tester
Joined
·
7,188 Posts
Ducky, I agree. This is one case where I feel a lawsuit would be justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology View Post

i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.
Can't fix stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenfire View Post

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
Don't worry, your tin foil hat will protect you against microwave radiation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenfire View Post

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
If it were a stray microwave, with enough power to fry a phone, I think a lot more then just one phone would have been affected. (according to my limited understanding of electro-magnetic radiation.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenfire View Post

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
This. Something doesn't add up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenfire View Post

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
Not sure if trolling or actually serious. The phone was left in the users car, if his phone wound up exploding due to a "wild" microwave, then so forth would the radio in his car as well as it is also made of fine electronics just like his phone. Anything that would be attached to a battery in that area would've been fried. Tinfoil hat would be the correct answer to your reasoning here. Lol
thumb.gif
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top