Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Independent investigation determines that exploding Galaxy S III caused by external energy source

Remember that Samsung Galaxy S III that a user reported exploded while in his car? Turns out, it was all a lie, a big lie! Samsung went ahead and contracted Fire Investigations UK (FIUK) to conduct an investigation on the "exploding" Galaxy S III so that they could find out exactly what caused the accident.
Source

Follow up from this incident: http://www.overclock.net/t/1272435/engadget-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-is-hot-bursts-into-flames-and-melts-through-its-own-casing

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:
According to the Fire Investigation Report, the device was most-likely damaged by a domestic microwave.

"The only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner's damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave."
Oh boy.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yikes, im happy with my HTC amaze. Im sure this is a great phone, i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology View Post

Yikes, im happy with my HTC amaze. Im sure this is a great phone, i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.
The phone was damaged because the user did it on purpose (phone got wet and they used a microwave to dry it up). If you read the source / update above your post it would have been clear to you.

·
Straight Outta Commadore
2,728 Posts
I'd love to see some statistics of how many people actually even click a source in a news post, much less read it fully.

On Topic: I figured as much with this. Way too many phony claims with mobile devices lately.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Based on the FIUK, it appears as if the phone was placed in a microwave (to dry) after suffering water damage.
I'm sorry but....ahahaha
lachen.gif

Somebody should have told him to stick his phone in a sealed container with rice..... not the microwave.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
He owns it for a week and already gets it wet? Should stick with the free phones..

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
*pets Galaxy SIII*

Easy boy...

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
What a moron.... and it probably costs Samsung a few sells due to his stupidity. They should sue him for libel.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Ducky, I agree. This is one case where I feel a lawsuit would be justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology View Post

i just hope they fix whatevers wrong with it.
Can't fix stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakenfire View Post

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
Don't worry, your tin foil hat will protect you against microwave radiation.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote:

How could they determine that it was a domestic microwave and not possibly a wild microwave? Maybe this was an attack, there is something they aren't telling us people!
If it were a stray microwave, with enough power to fry a phone, I think a lot more then just one phone would have been affected. (according to my limited understanding of electro-magnetic radiation.)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Quote:

This. Something doesn't add up.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Quote:

Not sure if trolling or actually serious. The phone was left in the users car, if his phone wound up exploding due to a "wild" microwave, then so forth would the radio in his car as well as it is also made of fine electronics just like his phone. Anything that would be attached to a battery in that area would've been fried. Tinfoil hat would be the correct answer to your reasoning here. Lol
thumb.gif

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.