Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let me tell you, this is a replacement phone from verizon. "Certified Like-New," which I assume is a euphemism for 'refurbished'. My old droid x had dust underneath the screen. 5 or 6 dots right in the middle that magically appeared there after 2 weeks of use. But anyway..

Now the replacement I received has a bit of an odd problem that I cannot find on google. There is a darkened area of my screen, it's a bit blueish, you can really notice it on a white background. It's extremely annoying, almost as much as the dust. I noticed that when I apply a tiny bit of pressure, it starts that black effect when you apply a higher amount pressure to LCDs.

My theory is that there's a low-point on the glass that ends up slightly touching the lcd, causing a blueish effect. When I apply pressure to other parts of the screen, the pressure-effect happens in that same spot!

Here's a video that will hopefully explain the problem better. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9550/gedc0169.mp4 Keep in mind that I wasn't not using an unsafe amount of pressure, I really wasn't.

Has anyone experienced this?

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
That's not right. Probably why it was refurbished in the first place. I'd try again.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

That's not right. Probably why it was refurbished in the first place. I'd try again.

Yup, that's pretty much the end of the thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts