Overclock.net banner

[DS] Wolfenstein: The New Order Graphics Comparison (Now with 4K Ultra Gameplay!)

39187 274
Quote:
With the huge 40+ GB install for Wolfenstein: The New Order, many have been wondering what that space was being used for. Was it for 4K textures? Or, is it uncompressed audio like Titanfall? We decided to test the different graphics options available in the game to put the myth to the test.
Photo and video comparisons between ultra and low: LINK

4k Ultra Gameplay
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm jumping on the "It's no better than Crysis looked 6 years ago" bandwagon.

Don't get me wrong, the graphics on Ultra are nice and crisp, but I'm still seeing hexagonal door latches and other things that can be improved with DX11 tech that's years old.

·
You Don't See Me.
816 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about, this game looks amazing graphically.
rolleyes.gif

Not even surprised to be honest, I thought from the start it looked lackluster in this department.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wow, what a joke, that's pretty freakin' bad....

Really glad I didn't end up buying this game -- especially for the ridiculous asking price of $59.99 on Steam.
rolleyes.gif

·
A title was here
4,413 Posts
Killing Nazi scum is always fun, but I'd never pay $60 for this game.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is this any real surprise after Rage? That game could've looked awesome but Bethesda nerfed it
mad.gif

·
Banned
1,863 Posts
Thinking about picking it up, not sure how my gaming laptop will handle it though? I'm thinking ultra texture, medium everything else and no aa should be fine, or I could just grab it on ps4.. decisions decisions..

·
A title was here
4,413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novakanedj View Post

Is this any real surprise after Rage? That game could've looked awesome but Bethesda nerfed it
mad.gif
ID Software developed Rage, Machine Games developed the new Wolfenstein.

Bethesda Softworks is the publisher for both.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascii Aficionado View Post

ID Software developed Rage, Machine Games developed the new Wolfenstein.

Bethesda Softworks is the publisher for both.
I was going to say ID but without googling I thought ID became Bethesda, my bad
thumb.gif
. I'm guessing looking at the game it uses the same Engine though?

·
AMD fan
3,556 Posts
meh i'll wait till some more people from ocn say how the game looks rather then a news article.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
medium looks almost the same as ultra.

at least you should be able to play at 4k with decent frame rates on medium and let the extra PPI over take the ultra settings version on a 1080p monitor

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

medium looks almost the same as ultra.

at least you should be able to play at 4k with decent frame rates on medium and let the extra PPI over take the ultra settings version on a 1080p monitor
How much of that is down to youtube/compression I don't know. Some still shots would be nice at different qualities.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.