Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just recently bought one of these and had to return it the same day due to 5ghz failing and 2.4ghz signal dropping to about 2 meter range.
I just plugged in my replacement today and running into issues and I fear another faulty one or maybe I'm being dense.

This router is to replace my ISP router which is awful but the Wi-Fi seems better than that of the ac88u. With my ISP router I was getting a ping spike of over 100ms every minute or so but with the ac88u it's every 4 seconds and more than 100ms.

I've tried with both 2.4 and 5ghz I could understand I have some co channels and such with 2.4 but none with 5ghz.

I've tried changing channels anyway and swapped from 20/40/80 to just 80mhz with no change, updated firmware to latest, no change.

I flucuate constantly between 32 and 42 dBm.
Download speed also sucks on both frequencies but on both routers, I have a 72Mbs sync with 50/60Mbs via Ethernet with consistent ping of 25 or less. But 15Mbs via Wi-Fi on both.

I'm utterly confused at this point. I don't know if I have enough evidence for another return considering Wi-Fi issues are so hard to blame on the hardware when they just shout interference and slap you in your tear stained face.

Any insight would be much appreciated. If it does sound like a fault I'm consider the dsl nighthawk x4s as my next try. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It doesn't look like I'm likely to get a response but on another not I'm wondering if someone can explain 2.4ghz to me since the signals were always combined for me until recently.

I've read multiple posts about people having there s being slow but I don't understand it seems to be on different amounts.
I should be able to transmit the full speed I have via 2.4 since it's still within 2.4 transmit capabilities. For example my 5ghz has 50mbs when working and the 2.4 most I get is 30mbs but I have good signal strength and the speed is going to my router...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts