2,628 Posts
Some interesting stuff in there!

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

source
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/vanquish-yakuza-0-virtua-fighter-5-rumoured-to-be-coming-to-the-pc/

in other words : PS3 ports locked to 1080p\30fps with outdated graphics incoming
Why would you think that? Valkyria Chronicles wasn't locked to 30fps.

I'm definitely interested in Vanquish, I keep forgetting to pick that up on my PS3, could do with some of that Hatsune Miku goodness too.

I might not be joking about Hatsune Miku...

I hope they plan on making Virtua Fighter 6, it's been a good couple of years since the last Virtua Fighter game.

·
waiting for Driver update
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Why would you think that? Valkyria Chronicles wasn't locked to 30fps.

Japanese ported games to PC by Japanese devs have a bad record on Steam , my hopes are low for a good quality port for any of these games

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

Japanese ported games to PC by Japanese devs have a bad record on Steam , my hopes are low for a good quality port for any of these games
It entirely depends on the studio so please stop the generalization.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

It's always easier to generalize!
rolleyes.gif

·
waiting for Driver update
6,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

it's easy to generalize Japanese Devs when it comes to PC ports

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I wish this is true, But i find it somewhat unlikely, Then again that sega hybrid could be a reason of why but i cant even count how many grains of salt i have at the moment.

First off, I have a feeling everything would be 60FPS released unless there was "physics stuff" that would lock it down, But vanquish tried to play at 60FPS when it could lol (unstable) so why cap a game that already reaches the frame rate?

Also, No one really asked for Valkyria chronicles yet we got a perfect working port overall, 60FPS 1080p on Intel HD 4600! I know its a old game but you cant say that isnt a fair accomplishment for what was a old PS3 Exclusive, Sure there was not really any graphics options and videos were still at 720p res, But do you really think that developers would go that far for gambling if the PC sales would be worth it? I know i should be all PCMR but lets be realistic, we cant expect old games to be revamped fully just because PCMR, I do expect 60FPS though and resolution options and some AA, just the simplest things make it a better experience.

If you could buy any PS4 or Xbone games and use a controller and play them on the PC as they would be on a console, you would, Personally im really tired of exclusivity and good old games being buried and forgotten, I hope that this is causing a surge of old PS3 and X360 games to be ported to PC as we are somewhat seeing these days.

More towards the topic i doubt yakuza 0 would be coming to PC Valkyria: Azure might as Valkyria chronicles was a good success i think on PC Vanquish and Resonance of fate / End of eternity seem quite likely as they were in the same position as VC being a old console game and ported for cash, Project Diva is sorta likely, It already has a PC version as its on arcade hardware anyway, VF 5 is a odd one as sure fighters are popular on PC but its witch version will it be? the "Arcade version" or the PS3 version with purchasable items n stuff?

if i just get the 2 games that i want that would make me so happy anyway, Provided they work fine and was a port like VC then they will sell, probably costs $80k to port yet sell it for $20 and if 10k users brought it first week, There money has been made, Btw i have absolutely no clue of real dev costs.

Jeez i wrote a essay
frown.gif

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Did somebody mention Vanquish?

Really, great game
thumb.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts