Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All.

I just noticed that all my games WoW, SoM, D3 are all blurry at DSR 3620x2036 when I drop down to 2560x1440 resolution everything goes back to beautiful and clear. I never have seen this before
frown.gif
until today. Tried everything I could but to no avail.

Geforce 980 GTX
Asus Monitor PROG: 2560x1440 144hz G-SYNC

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
In NVIDIA Control Panel, there is an option called DSR - Smoothness. By default it is at 33%, if you want the sharpest image possible you'll need to lower it to 0.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasst View Post

In NVIDIA Control Panel, there is an option called DSR - Smoothness. By default it is at 33%, if you want the sharpest image possible you'll need to lower it to 0.
I saw that setting but is 3620x2036 the correct scaling (2x) like it looks like absolute crap maybe its not capturing my native resolution properly to scale up with DSR?

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
That's the wrong scale. You should be running 3840x2160.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Ok so how can I fix this? Do you know why this could be happening? I guess I have to enable custom resolutions?

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Did you tick all of the available options and that resolution is still not listed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Quote:

Did you tick all of the available options and that resolution is still not listed?
What do you mean tick? Like 1x 1.5 x2x 3x 4x etc?

Yes I did. This wasn't happening before it was scaling perfectly from my native resolution so at least we've pin pointed the problem. How do I setup a custom resolution so I can insert 3840x2160?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're disabling Smoothness your DSR factor needs to be x4 to not get a blurred image, if your native resolution is 1080p you'd need to use 3840x2160, for your resolution you'd need 5120x2880

1 - 9 of 9 Posts