Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=22939
Quote:
Earlier this week news broke that Microsoft was killing the Zune product line. Indeed a support page announcing the discontinuation was posted and the Zune HD was pulled Zune.net and the Microsoft Store. The moves followed a March report that Microsoft was pulling the plug on Zune hardware development.
But in a bizarre twist Microsoft has backpedalled revealing the platform is far from dead. Signs of this could be found in the fact that the Microsoft Zune Support team continued to post to Twitter, throughout the supposed discontinuation, fielding peoples' questions.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Nice. I had a feeling the "dead" thing was blown out of proportion.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
that says platform though, not the physical player.

AFAIK Windows Phone and Zune software could still be part of the platform

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

that says platform though, not the physical player.

AFAIK Windows Phone and Zune software could still be part of the platform

I agree.

And it's not like MS said it was discontinued in terms of support, just no longer producing physical Zune HW down the line...

·
Dream with your eyes open
3,837 Posts
"This couldn't possibly have anything to do with Steve Jobs' passing.

A lot of people loved Steve Jobs for various reasons. Without him, there's a good chance the company will move in a different direction. Lawyers could run rampant, future products could end up being the "wrong" type of different, or just not different at all.

I think Microsoft saw an ever so slight opportunity.."

A comment on the website.

Also... If I were Bill Gates, I'd visit the family. Really.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Are Windows 7 phones integrated into the Zune player for music transfer? I would love for them to take a second look at the zune player and maybe give us a rating system? And better playlist controls? I own a ZuneHD and love it but the music player still needs work.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Steve Jobs is dead. Apple stuff is going to slowly lose it's appeal as I doubt this new CEO can do what Jobs did. Microsoft has a great opportunity right now, and who can blame them? It's a tough market right now and you have to use every slight advantage you can get.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
I really do like the Zune, but with the functionality that an Android phone and tablet have, I have no reason to get one. In the coming months I want to put a Kal-El tablet in my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts