Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

There's not much to go off here, but from what we can see, this N64 emulator looks like it's shaping up to be solid.

The strangely named 3G4 was developed by a 14-year-old, believe it or not. I don't know what mojo this teen is packing, but Super Mario 64 looks to be running nicely in the above video. We hear that the emulator runs pretty great so far. There are issues like duplicate button registers, delay of presses, and crashes when heavy gameplay occurs, but those are being looked into.

This certainly looks to be running better than any of the early 3D console emus I've seen.

SOURCE

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow, that's actually pretty impressive. The framerate, from what I can tell, seems to be pretty solid.

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fury3
View Post

Wow, that's actually pretty impressive. The framerate, from what I can tell, seems to be pretty solid.

Yeah.

Now he needs to do something for the Zune HD.

Or I'll try

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
the lack of z button is a killer, but its cool that the 3gs has that kind of Horse power,

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAD_J
View Post

Maybe I should get an iphone now so I can play all those n64 roms I have backed up on torrent sites.

In before torrent fight.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
The 14 year old must have been a genius to be able to program a N64 emulator on the iPhone. It makes the iPhone an attractive handheld system to the likes of the DSi and PSP Go.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
That game was incredibly difficult to control until you really got used to the controls (most of the problem was the camera). I can't imagine how hard it would be on an iPhone. Awesome though, I wasn't programming stuff like that when I was 14, I'm jealous.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
I love how the NES emulator on iPhone doesn't even work properly without being totally laggy with a ton of audio issues, and yet this kid is trying to emulate the Nintendo 64?

Despite how the game looks like it's getting good performance, I can't imagine it succeeding.

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
So this is just for the iPhone GS right?
Because my iPhone 3G can't even run GBA games without stuttering. (Killed all processes and in airplane mode and it still doesn't work.)

And who would play the N64 games on the iPhone when it's all cramped up?

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech-Boy View Post
YouTube- Quick update on 3G4..... Fake? I think not.

Totally need to watch this video
Lol, "my parents are doing something" , "so I'm in the car".

I wonder what ?

ALso, does this kid use xray vision emulator, to look through his hair while coding ?

Somebody suggest another invention, called "the hair cut" to him.

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo420 View Post
Because my iPhone 3G can't even run GBA games without stuttering. (Killed all processes and in airplane mode and it still doesn't work.)

And who would play the N64 games on the iPhone when it's all cramped up?
I would.

I wonder if he could make it so you played it holding the iPhone in portrait mode, and the game runs at a lower resolution, and the buttons are the bottom. Maybe he could turn the graphical quality up.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I find it insulting that it works on the iphone better than the Daedalus on PSP.

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lockedge View Post
I find it insulting that it works on the iphone better than the Daedalus on PSP.
Just decrease graphical quality and the same thing should happen.

The people designing Daedalus seem to be going for perfect speed and quality instead of just speed.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo420 View Post
Wow, sounds like emulators on the iPhone are inefficient (which might be because they don't have full access to the hardware).

I was running GBA/SNES/Genesis on my 300Mhz Dell Axim PocketPC 4-5 years ago.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
I'm still happy with my G1 and its near perfect (For the games I play) NES, SNES, GBA and Genesis emulating.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts