Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello helpful people,

Please help me figure this out... I am looking at a computer that will have a NVIDIA GTX 680 in it, so It should have the following ports: display port, HDMI, dual link DVI-I and dual link DVI-D. I've been dreaming about having two 27" 1440P monitors hooked up to it, specifically the Korean ones that everyone on this forum knows about, QNIX, X-Star, Catleap, Shimian, Crossover...

Question is... every single one of these monitors says DVI-D only, do not use with DVI-I or DVI-S. What's up with that? I thought DVI-I ports are compatible with DVI-D monitors. Are they just saying don't try to shove a DVI-I cable into it? Has anyone tried to running dual 27" 1440p monitors through a GTX680?

Thanks much, sorry if solved in another thread... got through 100 pages of the korean monitor thread and couldn't find it.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
It has to be dvi-d (dual link) with a dvi-d cable so that you get the proper resolution. You can also use a DP -> dvi-d adapter for one and that will work as well

• Rep+
Reactions: thecleezyone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice thank you. This card does have a display port which should be fine... Do some of the monitors have issues with display port to dvi d adapters? Any displays to avoid?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts