Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOODMORNING!

Ok lets get to business

My goal is to have three monitors in eyeifnity setup to play games on. I have three matching 25" HP monitors. My gpus are two 2xGB 6950s in crossfire now. I have two screens hooked up via the DVI and the third screen is ( Diplayport > DVI adapter > DVI cord > monitor ). Now I cannot get this to work at all.

I can make any two screens "eyefinityied" I can do this without even moving the plugs around so I know for sure they all are working cables and monitors. Now there is not a single option to combine all three together. I've even went into the Windows 7 Display setup and tried to just make it use all three but , when I click apply it'll say "Could not save your awesome display setup you've been waiting for and have spent over 2000$ on"

ANY help would be great If we can get it working I'll invite you over to play.

- TOM

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
It should be in the CCC (driver control panel) I belive to set up 3 screen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I've been through the CCC a few million times now , I can see everything minus letting me apply the use of three in eyefinity.

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
You do have all three cards on the same card, correct? Also, have you fully uninstalled the drivers, used driver sweeper to remove any trace, and then reinstalled drivers? What drivers are you using?
I have 2 6950s in Crossfire with Eyefinity, and have had zero issues since day one. When I swapped the 6950s for the 5870s that were in there, I did as I said above, uninstall, driversweeper, reinstall. I'm using Cat 12.1 preview.

It also could be your dsiplay port thing. I didn't use any adapters, going dvi, dvi, and display port directly. Are you sure the adapter is an active adapter?

• Rep+
Reactions: hurpmcdurp

·
Hacktun3d
1,799 Posts
First question.. is the display port/ dvi adapter "active"??? If not it will not work.

Second.. are all connections on the same card?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Oh Ken1649!! Where are you?
wink.gif

·
Registered
729 Posts
Make sure all monitors are plugged into the same card.

Make sure you have active adapters where needed.

Make sure you have crossfire enabled.

All screens are using the same resolution I assume, if not, check that. I believe it's a requirement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Hacktun3d
1,799 Posts
That adapter will not work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks to Everyone that helped.
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

Im off to best buy now to return my 30$ apple adapter investment lol , hopefully at bestbuy they'll have a real "active" adapter?

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurpmcdurp View Post

Many thanks to Everyone that helped.
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif
thumb.gif

Im off to best buy now to return my 30$ apple adapter investment lol , hopefully at bestbuy they'll have a real "active" adapter?
Look for something that is specifically labeled Eyefinity Certified or something. The label should look something like this: (I know that's not the exact adapter you need.)

I THINK this is what you need:

Link

·
Hacktun3d
1,799 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts

·
Hacktun3d
1,799 Posts
Probably is cheaper at amazon, bet it won't ship as fast. PLUS this IS the ATI certified one... it's made by SAPHIRE!
biggrin.gif

Either way he needs to stop fuggin with Best Buy! hahaha

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurpmcdurp View Post

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Belkin+-+Mini+DisplayPort-to-HDMI+Adapter/2730827.p?id=1218347165683&skuId=2730827

Sorry is this "active" I really dont know what to look for they all seem the same to me and makes me wonder why even make non active anymore.
Get only this one from wasting your time with other adapters. Mark the part number and see if you can get it from Bestbuy.

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZXA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325586177&sr=1-4

41hVsF%2BwwWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts