Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i just wanted to know, can I make a dual boot of XP and Windows Media Center Edition cause i would really like to play those DiVxs of mine to my Xbox360 and i need thie WMCE...

Possible??

thx

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
Yes, its possible, youll need to create a seperate partition on your hard drive and install media center on the second partition.

Then when you boot windows, it will ask you which OS you want to boot into and choose the one you need for...whatever you need? lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
what if you uninstall one of the Os's and then you still get the boost screen to choose the operating system?? how do you get rid of it so if will boot off of the one that is really there??

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
To remove a start up os option, open your system properties, go to advanced, in 'start up and recovery' click settings, then edit and remove the line for the os you have removed. The first line under [operating systems] will be the first one you installed and so on. You can also change how long it waits at that screen. Great way to hide an o/s it set to 0 seconds for daily use and change it when you want to load in to the second one. Most people would never know it was there. When modifying the os choice text file be very carful not to touch the first option as your system may no load anymore.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Why do you want to install both? WMCE is just Windows XP Pro with the Media Center Program.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts