Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says,

how can i do it?

So far i installed both Os (disconnecting other drives before)

and i can't load either...

it says the bcd is corrupt.

Anyone can come up with a detailed step by step way to make this work?

thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all right, i found a solution. nothin to do with place a drive on sata 0 or 1 or installing Windows 8 or 7 first...

But THANK YOU techie007 for replying, i appreciate it.

what i did is flush both bcd on each drive with a command prompt and generate a new bcd
http://superuser.com/questions/460762/how-can-i-repair-the-windows-8-efi-bootloader

then i simply added a command line in the bcdedit when i was in Windows 7:

Bcdboot G:\Windows

i first checked with diskpart list vol, what letter was assigned to the Windows 8.1 installion (g:\)

so now the system boots to a Windows 8.1 menu style, asking which os i wanna start.

Windows 8.1 loads instantly, while Windows 7 takes a while, not sure why exactly.

"You should be good to go! Please note that Windows 7's boot time will be longer than usual because (at least last time I checked) Windows 8x boots quite far before asking which OS to load." -- might be because of that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's interesting to note that, the windows 8.1 boot menu can let us decide which OS we want to load by default. So picked up windows 7 and then the boot menu reverted to an old style classic dual boot menu. Now windows 7 loads pretty fast
smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.