Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
and u have to put'em on either slot 1n3 or 2n4
most duel channel memory comes with a stick(forgot what's it called) so it allows u to install only one mem-stick at a time

·
Registered
712 Posts
I always wondered... do you have to get memory that is specifically sold for dual channel or si the only requirement be that they are exactly the same?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
To run dual channel you need modules of the same size, make (more specifically same ICs), and speed. Those dual channel kit things are just an advertising ploy.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I've never heard of anything like that... maybe it's the XDR Rambus stuff? The DDR memory spec itself is 64-bit only.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Wish my crappy Soyo KT600 supported Dual Channel a gig of $300 Kingston Hyper-X would be sweet in Dual Channel mode I HATE SOYO AHHHHHH!!!!

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RSThrilla
and u have to put'em on either slot 1n3 or 2n4
most duel channel memory comes with a stick(forgot what's it called) so it allows u to install only one mem-stick at a time
That's all dependant on the mobo. My board you use 1&2 or 3&4 for dual channel kits. Just wanted to clear that up so that some unspecting person doesn't blindly throw there ram in dimm 1&3 and wonder why it's not running at 128-bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts