Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nicely OC'ing Dual Core i3/i5 CPU+Mobo combination for playing both Valve games at high FPS and for the occasional x264 Encoding session from DVD to iPod Nano... I should be getting ~$550 (obviously not going to spend all of it!!!) from the sale of the parts being replaced and the spare parts in which are lying around... I also need an LGA1155/1156 Corsair H50 mounting system considering that I have seemed to "misplace" mine HAHAHA...
Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
^^ woo lol
The best overclocking board for I3's is actually the h55m-ud2h, its really cheap but if you look at the reviews its the best overclocker and its what benchers use

took my m8's i3 to 5.0ghz

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by antipesto93
View Post

^^ woo lol
The best overclocking board for I3's is actually the h55m-ud2h, its really cheap but if you look at the reviews its the best overclocker and its what benchers use

took my m8's i3 to 5.0ghz

Actually, I'm not sure if that board can support my 5850 + my PCIEx1 Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio... Or can it? If not than would there be another nice OC'er?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turns out my will power was not strong enough to refrain me from purchasing the following;
Intel Core i5-2300
ASRock P67 Pro 3
Arctic Silver MX-4
HAHA, this is going to be EPIC! However I still need an LGA1156 mounting system for my Corsair H50... I unfortunately threw my Intel mounting systems away
frown.gif
(what a dumb crap i know... believe me)

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tryagainplss
View Post

I do not know what to say....

About which part?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts